Search results

1. Flute Maker

Remove Warp or Cup from Flute Blank

Yeah it might be!
  2. Flute Maker

Oh yeah I have a lathe...I just need to get it as straight as I can,, bore a hole which is the flute bore then turn it round..Now if I have a big enough piece I can turn the cup or warp out but I dont usually start with a piece that big...I just get the occasional piece I need to deal with.
  3. Flute Maker

Ill check Chris out!
  4. Flute Maker

I just need to get it straight enough that I can bore a 3/4",7/8" or 1" hole it through on the lathe. Then turn it round.If it isnt straight it wont happen....
  5. Flute Maker

The jointer I am talking about is one of those Delta Rockwell, combo tool......tablesaw,drill press and jointer....Good tool and the jointer works..I just have never used it.
  6. Flute Maker

My flute blanks are 1 1/2 by 1 1/2" by 34" I could take just enough off to level it out so I could use them..I guess if you had a jointer you could do it that way...never used one even though I have one on my Delta Multi tool. I was thinking some kind of hand plane to just remove enough of cup...
  7. Flute Maker

Hand plane score

That looks like a good score for you.I am not a hand plane guy...I love the looks and wish I could use one...Some arthritis...I might would get one but wouldnt know which one Id get for just doing a little piddling around After a few minutes I thought of a need for one. I make flutes and...
  8. Flute Maker

Delta Band Saw 14" - $150 (Candler)

Looks like a good deal!
  9. Flute Maker

Something different

Thats nice Mike .I like it a lot !!!!!
  10. Flute Maker

WTB or Trade for Blacksmith Anvil

Ill check him out thanks!
  11. Flute Maker

Wow I would like one of those Nice!!!
  12. Flute Maker

Yeah the quality control isnt good on some of them or maybe just plain cheap!
  13. Flute Maker

Im just going to sort of hold tight/wait and see what sort of comes up right now.I definitely know more now than I did from what you guys have shown and shared with me.
  14. Flute Maker

Wow !!!!!!!! Guys thanks for all the information etc. I wqill have to put some $ back for this anvil. But once I get the extra I wlll know where to go for the best deal.
  15. Flute Maker

Ive noticed the high price tag on good old large ones. Maybe Ill run up on something ! Thanks Dennis!!
  16. Flute Maker

I have a grandson who has a sincere interest in blacksmithing..He has some tools, a forge and a small anvil but could use a better one. He has a friend that is pretty good .My grandson wants to make knives etc. If you have anything let me know. Just looking right now...hoping to maybe find one!
  17. Flute Maker

Want to Buy Box Elder

Yes I have seen some...There are several things that people say determine the red streaks...Some say a beetle ..some say a fungus...I have had some really beautiful wood in the past .A guy on wood barter website they say had a honey hole full of it...But he has passed now. I had gotten some...
  18. Flute Maker

Want to Buy Box Elder

I am looking for some box elder for a flute making. Im just trying to get this wood for a replica flute If I can find some it would need to be 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 32"..Anyone got an idea where I might could find some? Or I may have to think of a substitute.
  19. Flute Maker

Delta Multi Tool Sell or Trade **** Added Some Pics!

I have the Delta Multi Tool with the drill press, table saw and jointer. I have used the tablesaw and drill press but not the jointer.The guy I got it from made some videos of him using all of them .The tool works good.I just have a small shop and would like to have a small tablesaw and good...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS