Search results

1. UncleJoe

What am I supposed to do with this...

Wow, If you have the time and space that will be a great project. Good luck with it. Post photos
  2. UncleJoe

Custom flush/trimming plane on ebay !

It would be a steal but they want too much for shipping;);););)
  3. UncleJoe

6x48 HF Belts

back around 2003 I was restoring a motorcycle and bought a bunch of HF sandpaper and sanding discs. The experience was horrific. I vowed to never by abrasives from HF again. Saying that, I will add this exception to the rule; It is my understanding that HF changes vendors very often. A new...
  4. UncleJoe

Update - How do I do this?

looks like a new kitchen. Very nice
  5. UncleJoe

Looking for those super silky paint finishes

If you are limited to brush and roller then I would second the recombination of Sherwin Williams Pro Classic. However, I will save you a bunch of effort and time, Sherwin Williams Pro Classic does not work like other paints you may have used. I strongly advise that you get a few small pieces of...
  6. UncleJoe

new to veneering

Sounds like a great project. When I was 15 my dad and I bought a 1953 MGTD and one of the things we did was replace the dash with a solid walnut piece. It was flat yours looks more interesting. I have a lot of great memories working on that car with my dad.
  7. UncleJoe

Not a Saw Stop

Sorry to hear this. These things can happen to the best of us. All it take is a moment. Heal fast and well.
  8. UncleJoe

A bit of history

Yeah, I need to start dressing better in my shop.
  9. UncleJoe

SawStop injury

I too, was taught table saw safety by my father, I can still remember, as a very young boy who always wanted to be in the shop with my dad, him telling me "son there are tools in here that can cut your arm off". He was concerned I would come into the shop when he was not around and turn on a...
  10. UncleJoe

Sjobergs Woodworking Workbench with Storage Cabinet - $750 (Greenville)

Yes moving it will be an interesting experience. I plan on going back to get it with my trailer in a few days.
  11. UncleJoe

I met him yesterday, great guy, you beat me to the lathe but I got the Sawstop. All his stuff is in very good shape and he did not abuse any tool I saw. The workbench is impressive.
  12. UncleJoe

Got a call this morning

Sorry for your loss, Excellent craftsmanship. very nice
  13. UncleJoe

Nice, I have been wanting to build one.... I will probably kick myself for letting this one pass but there is a voice in my head telling me to build my own. Ughhhhhh
  14. UncleJoe

Shop furniture--chisel chest

excellent craftsmanship, nice design.
  15. UncleJoe

Oops never filled out this section

Story of my life
  16. UncleJoe

Oops never filled out this section

Well I joined back in 2011 but I don't think I ever did this step. I missed the instructions to fill this out, but hey who reads instructions anyway. I am now retired in Chocowinity and preparing to build a new shop as soon as the contractor gets around to it. I had a 600 sq ft shop in New Bern...
  17. UncleJoe

Table Saw Question

I always wonder about all the woodworking forum, social media stuff said about the business practice. I wonder if anyone ever has a legitimate source for all these rumors of evil doings. I do know that when Bosch tried to have a saw with the same feature they lost in patent court and had to pull...
  18. UncleJoe

Dust Collector Motor change question

Since you have the larger impeller already I suggest that you run it with the existing motor and see if that works, I think, based on reading others that have done the same that you will be fine. If not then you can source a larger motor.
  19. UncleJoe

Indexing jig for mortiser

If the rest of the project looks and good as the mortises you are going to have a fine piece of furniture. Very good work. You used a good tool, but you used your brain and technique to make it work better.
  20. UncleJoe

Table Saw Question

I own a Saw Stop. Feature for feature it is the best saw I have ever owned. If it did not have the safety feature it would be priced with the rest of the market and in my opinion it would quickly become the number one saw in the market, it is just that good. Of course you should do what you feel...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS