Search results

1. M

Summer Projects

Great work!
  2. M

Watco

I've found that you have to follow the Watco instructions very carefully or you end up with a mess. Done right, it is not too hard and produces a nice satan finish. BUT don't forget that wipe off step and don't let it sit too long.
  3. M

Simple Shaker End Tables

This week's project was a pair of pine, Shaker style end tables. They were as simple as one can get. Even the finish was natural color wipe on poly. Getting ready to cut mortises in the aprons. Cutting the table top lip. Cleaning up excess glue and sanding The final edge under the top. And...
  4. M

A Farm Table Build

I used General Finishes High Performance water based finish. It sprays easily, and in my basement I want to used a water based finish if I'm spraying.
  5. M

A Farm Table Build

Have double doors fortunately. However, the table top will actually not be permanently mounted until in place at its final location. It would be too wide (44 inches) and way too heavy to move. Without the top on, the base is 29 inch high so turned sideways easily goes through the 30 inch...
  6. M

Townsend Bureau WIP

That is beautiful. Great work. A small dehumidifier can solve your humidity swings in your garage. I have one in my basement and the humidity stays at 50%. Good luck!
  7. M

Finishing poplar with dye and gel stain

You can also use the technique to highlight specific grain patterns by increasing the contrast have the dye under the stain. It is a great technique to bring additional depth and design to your piece.
  8. M

A Farm Table Build

Here is the completion of this build. The client, my daughter-in-law, is delighted so all is well! Attaching the outer wrap. There are screws under the pegs so each leg is held in place by 4 floating tenons and 4 screws. They are arranged so the tenons and screws are 90 degrees apart from each...
  9. M

Woodworking with Parallam

Very interesting. Where do you find this wood?
  10. M

Progress on rocking chair

It looks perfect! Thanks for sharing how you did it!
  11. M

SawStop: Thank You!

Glad you had that saw!
  12. M

170" bandsaw blade needed

+1 for Woodcraft Bands. Quick turn around.
  13. M

Final Result for the Chisel Box made from scrap

I like the design as it really uses your space well.
  14. M

Latest nesting tables

very nice indeed!
  15. M

What type of Shoes to you wear in your Workshop?

I use Sketchers steel toed shoes. My floor is concrete with no pads at work stations. The shoes have lots of cushion, and the steel toes are just habit from having dropped things on my feet before.
  16. M

Long Term Update On College

good for You!!
  17. M

A Farm Table Build

those are their largest legs. I'm using a smaller set than that.
  18. M

A Farm Table Build

I bought the legs from Carolina Leg Company. They were super fast in delivery and the quality appears to be good. My Shopsmith doesn't have what it takes to try to turn these.
  19. M

A Farm Table Build

Actually the top is only 5/4 - customer's request. Table weight total is 250 pounds.
  20. M

A table for a chessboard

That is going to be very nice.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS