Search results

1. LeftyTom

New from Asheboro

Post in some more threads, give it a few days.
  2. LeftyTom

New from Asheboro

Welcome to NCWW, David.
  3. LeftyTom

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOWMAN

Happy birthday!
  4. LeftyTom

What is your indispensable hand tool?

I can't decide between my thingamajig or my whatchmacallit.
  5. LeftyTom

New from Cherryville

Welcome to NCWW, Cody.
  6. LeftyTom

Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detector Recommendations?

A Duke Energy transformer up the road went south last week. When power was restored an hour later, the Firex smoke detector in the basement went bonkers, continuously sounding the alarm. This alarm is interconnected with a second alarm upstairs, which was going off also. The upstairs detector...
  7. LeftyTom

Drill press (was) kicking GFI breaker

I had a flaky GFCI in the kitchen, which tripped every so often, when the microwave was turned on. I checked that all connections were tight, but intermittent tripping of the GFCI continued. I replaced the GFCI, and issue has not come back.
  8. LeftyTom

Lucky Lottery Ticket

Happy aniversary to the two of you!
  9. LeftyTom

New to woodworking, need some guidance (after a rambling background story) of end table wood choices

My finish of choice now is Waterlox Original. No need to sand between coats, safe to use indoors. Disclaimer: I am not saying this is the best/only option. I know David is wanting non-complicated suggestions. Some with more experience with his wood of choice will chime in. BTW, welcome...
  10. LeftyTom

Progress on Workbench

Quite the sturdy base.
  11. LeftyTom

Need Switch Cover For Delta 10"Drill Press

I saw a pic online, using an outlet box, and I based mine on that. The difficult part is getting the mounting holes lined up with the drill press. The blank cover for the box was too thin, breaking when I tried to drill and cut the switch opening.
  12. LeftyTom

Repeat with better photos

jimminycrimmus!
  13. LeftyTom

Latest nesting tables

Wow
  14. LeftyTom

The death of my first friend, my dad

My deepest condolences.
  15. LeftyTom

Spindle Or Hand Sand?

Well, I don't need a new tool (said no woodworker, ever). :p
  16. LeftyTom

Spindle Or Hand Sand?

I am working on a table with curved skirts (no, I am not wearing the skirts). After running the pieces by the spindle sander, I still have a few bumps to flatten (may not be noticeable in the pics). Would you touchup using the spindle sander or sandpaper attached to a curved piece of scrap?
  17. LeftyTom

Bandsaw Tire Check

I do not know why the blade lube is funky this time. It even came off on one of the guide bearings.
  18. LeftyTom

Bandsaw Tire Check

I wouldn't think so, as the tire stayed in place when I slipped it back on, and cut the 2 remaining pieces.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS