Search results

1. G

Dealing with Rotting Door Jamb

Well, I've thought about it, and found the door for $450. Im going to save myself the install cost and do it myself. I'll take pictures and document if anyone is interested. I've probably watched an hour or two of youtube videos and I figure it shouldn't be so bad. I've installed a sliding glass...
  2. G

Padauk and Curly Maple

Thank you all for the tips! One thing I was curious about was this - Would it be best to use a biscuit joiner to combine the pieces, or would plain old wood glue work (Titebond II). The wood is currently 1 inch thick and I want to make the table top 51 inches long by 24 inches deep.
  3. G

Its a new house, so the frame should be square (or close to it) for the door opening. The trim work is minimal and the rot is a small amount. Im still on the fence...
  4. G

I was reading the door description and it said: " Frame is 100% composite poly-fiber material that will never warp, splinter or rot ". So, that would at least lead me to think it has the no-rot jambs. Is it misleading? The jamb pieces I linked above the door do have a base that is PVC and the...
  5. G

Wanted: Table Saw and/or Table Planer

10inch blade table saw, or 12 -13 inch planer. Close to here is in the RTP/Triangle area, although I wouldn't mind driving an hour max outside of that to get something quality.
  6. G

Wanted: Table Saw and/or Table Planer

Hello All, I am looking to build out a shop on a budget. Im just getting more into woodworking , and could use a table saw and planer. I've seen them on craigslist and facebook market place for between $150-$250 each depending on various things like condition/brand/etc. I'd be interested in...
  7. G

I believe there are two types of doors. One is fully enclosed in PVC, and the other has Pine with a PVC lower like such: The Home Depot Ever Jamb Exterior Door Frame Kit 4-9/16 in. x 36 in. x 83 in. pine with PVC base (3-Piece)-303-064C - The Home Depot Here is an example of the door:MMI Door...
  8. G

The material cost of the door with no-rot jambs is around $600 (15 lite door with low-e glass), and it is made of fiber glass. That leaves about $350 for labor, which may or may not be worth it?
  9. G

I currently have a problem where my pine door jamb has started to rot through. I've had several contractors quote a replacement of around $950 for time and materials, but wanted to know if replacing an exterior door was a thing I could do myself. The door I would buy is pre-hung, and is most...
  10. G

DeWalt DW733 planer - $250 Chapel Hill

Thanks for letting me know!
  11. G

Padauk and Curly Maple

Hello All! Im curious if there are any tips or things I should know about using Curly Maple and Padauk. I am looking at building a tabletop with the two of them similar to this (link is to an ebay listing, but best picture to describe what I want to do. Im not selling anything and it doesn't...
  12. G

DeWalt DW733 planer - $250 Chapel Hill

Is this unit still available?

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS