Search results

1. rcarmac

Advise for beginners

No project will ever be perfect. But we, as the builder, will be the only one that will ever see the flaw. In my woodworking projects and also my work as an architect, I seem to focus a lot on the what I should have done, what I could have done better, and the places I made a mistake. It takes...
  2. rcarmac

Small shop brainstorming

I have a small short too. Basically benches with tools on top on 3 walls. Under the benches is cabinets and storage. Middle is open with the exception of the table saw. I have a rolling work bench that rolls and stacks under one of the benches along the wall. Peg board around all walls for more...
  3. rcarmac

First Drum Sander Thoughts

I bought my first drum sander in March. Did a lot of research. I went with the Super Max 16-32. Has a few upgrades over the Jet at the same price. I haven’t had any issue. The Super Max is a really nice machine. I would recommend checking into it.
  4. rcarmac

Mini-split installation

Most of them you need special tools and such so you need a professional to charge the lines. If you search for DIY ones like by Mr. Cool, they are do it yourself and come precharge. Only down fall is I think it’s a set length of line set that can’t be adjusted between the inside unit and the...
  5. rcarmac

What type of Shoes to you wear in your Workshop?

I hate it, but I just order a pair of crocs to try. Hopefully that helps with the arch pain after an afternoon in the shop
  6. rcarmac

Worried too much about wasted wood?

I feel your pain. I do a lot of small projects and have been overcome with scrap. The hardest part of a project right now for me is sorting thru my pile to find the piece that is not too big or not too small
  7. rcarmac

Back at Woodworking -Project Finished

Just managed to pull this out of the wood pile tonight.
  8. rcarmac

SOLD - Kreg KMS7102 Precision Miter Gauge System

Put me on the list is the other 2 doesn’t happen
  9. rcarmac

I don’t think I am as much worried about dropping something on my feet as I am about standing. With an un-air conditioned shop, I tend to be in shorts and boots are too hot
  10. rcarmac

What type of shoes do you were in your workshop. Boots, sneakers, croc, etc. I have a concrete floor with mats, but starting to arch issues. Just wondering what others are doing
  11. rcarmac

Reminder-Official raffle prize list

My company has a software subscription that can handle 150 signed on at one time. I can volunteer that so it doesn't cost the group anything, provided we don't expect more than 150 people.
  12. rcarmac

Reminder-Official raffle prize list

I got some on Sunday and my number was around 3100 I think
  13. rcarmac

Bandsaw Vibration

Let’s see if this works
  14. rcarmac

Bandsaw Vibration

Anyone know how to upload a video
  15. rcarmac

Bandsaw Vibration

Haven’t tried that yet but I will
  16. rcarmac

Bandsaw Vibration

I felt that belt and it didn’t have any cracks and was tight. What should i be looking for in the belt
  17. rcarmac

Bandsaw Vibration

I tried to upload a video with no success
  18. rcarmac

Bandsaw Vibration

The vibration on my Jet 18” bandsaw keeps getting worse. I have tried changing out the blade with some new blades I just received from woodcraft bands. The base is level and solid. I don’t know if the wheels are out of balance or maybe I need to replace the tires.
  19. rcarmac

I'm Going To Need Some Sunglasses

I have 3 of these and no issues and super bright. I was thinking last night. after actually reading This post, that I need 1 or 2 more of these. Called my wife to see if she was making a trip and could pick one up. Said she was going later in the week. Thanks for this heads up.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS