Search results

1. FlyingRon

HVLP Spraying

If you're going to shoot small amounts and/or change the colors/material a lot, you want the gravity gun. The suctions take longer to clean but are usually larger and their guns are easier to hold for large projects.
  2. FlyingRon

Forstner labels

I have one set of sockets and wrenches that have nice large, high contrast numbers on them. I've never understood why that isn't more common.
  3. FlyingRon

You can only choose 3.

I had a 6" jointer for a while but I sold it for the Jet 12" joiner/planer combo (my old planer was junk, but it was given to me). It triggered a jointer trickledown in my neighborhood. I sold the jointer to my neighbor for what I paid for it (I bought it used) and he sold his old 4"...
  4. FlyingRon

Great use for an old piano. Not mine.

When they said they wanted to use that side of the balcony, I was thinking, hey it's plenty wide (about four feet). I forgot to account for the roof overhang. The deck on the other side is about 20 feet wide (that's how they craned the granite in for that room). If I had been smart, I'd...
  5. FlyingRon

Ouch. I was really nervous when we moved my C5 to its new home: https://www.facebook.com/ron.natalie.1/videos/vb.1563591473/10211010553930812/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab
  6. FlyingRon

Two FREE Cabinets - Gone to a good home!!

You can always take them to one of the Habitat Restores. There's one in Denver in the Westport shopping center next to Food Lion. They're unattended frequently these days, but they've got a designated drop off place around the left side of the store.
  7. FlyingRon

For less than the price of a good tuning hammer, you can get a bit that chucks in a drill that will make quick work of unwinding the pins.
  8. FlyingRon

Fun with epoxy

Don't mind me... just testing attachments.
  9. FlyingRon

Fun with epoxy

The countertop looks great, Margy's very happy. Essentially, it looks like shiny 2x4's. Some lessons learned: Put better light in the room. This room is fairly dark (the camera makes it look brighter than it is. The only light comes from the open door and a small light fixture. Almost...
  10. FlyingRon

Fun with epoxy

My neighbor ripped out his kitchen so I spent a few days relocating the junk cabinets into Margy's garden shed. As it didn't come with a countertop, I just got a dozen two by fours, ran them through the jointer and glued them up. While I was poking around Lowe's looking for something to finish...
  11. FlyingRon

What type of Shoes to you wear in your Workshop?

I pretty much wear my New Balance velco-strap walkers (my wife says she's married to the worlds oldest two year old who can't tie his shoes).
  12. FlyingRon

ISO tires for my 14" band saw

Not too long after I got my ancient Grizzley saw, I purchased a bunch of things from the Carter people including their urethane tires, and a couple of their different blade guide thingies. Haven't had a problem.
  13. FlyingRon

Brief Downtime tonight

Not that I know of. It's just a maintenance upgrade, various bug fixes and some security issues. If all goes well, you won't even know I've done it.
  14. FlyingRon

Brief Downtime tonight

The site will be down briefly tonight (Sunday, July 12) to update the software to the latest release.
  15. 728X90-4locationshours.png

728X90-4locationshours.png

16. jetPowerNCWWRMay.png

jetPowerNCWWRMay.png

17. FlyingRon

2020 Board of Directors election now open.

I've had an inquiry about how to "opt in" or otherwise become a corporate member, so I'll amplify the instructions. First off, if you're not a corporate member (or some other level), you can find out why by clicking on your name at the top right of the site and selecting Account Details...
  18. FlyingRon

2020 Board of Directors election now open.

If you are a corporate member, you are eligible and encouraged to vote in the election. Information on the election and candidates are in this thread in the corporate members' forum: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/2020-board-of-directors-election-now-open.69713/ A...
  19. FlyingRon

Help your local medical personnel: Masks

Margy was talking to an acquaintance who is involved with pediatric respiratory cases and they are in desperate need of N95 masks. Margy had a half dozen that she bought because we were expecting to be in smoke-laden Australia in February (fortunately the fires were out by the time we got...
  20. FlyingRon

1PH vs 3PH

It's not too distinct sources. It comes from a single step down transformer. It would be illegal in most circumstances for it to come from multiple "sources".

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS