Search results

1. K

Sawing crown molding on a table saw?

It is like a featherboard and can be mounted either side of the fence by relocating the springs.
  2. K

I'm having trouble responding, When I do so it doesn't post.
  3. K

Yes, it is. It does the same as a featheredge and can be used on either side of the fence by attaching the springs to the appropriate screws.
  4. K

Yes, it is. I made it years ago and it performs the same function as the featheredge. It can be used on the left or right of the fence by mounting the springs accordingly.
  5. K

The job is done and the neighbor was satisfied. He had 28 6" wide primed pine feather-edged boards and it took us about 1.5 hours total. He wanted them cut to 4.375" wide and a random sample showed them to be within 1/16" which wasn't so bad given the limited capabilities in my shop. I put the...
  6. K

I have moveable infeed and outfeed rollers. My concern is being able to push it straight thru for 16'. I have a pressure system to keep the boards against the fence but its effect can be overcome by such a long length and a mis-push.
  7. K

I have a neighbor who needs 16' crown molding boards sawn as shown in the pic. I am evaluating whether I will do it on the mill, table saw or not at all. Holding the board in place is the problem no matter how I do it. They will be 6" wide and they will supply the boards - I just saw it...
  8. K

Interesting auction purchase

Concerning your intended use for the fan - is the motor totally enclosed? I would watch for motor temperature rise due to impeded air flow.
  9. K

Thread reply

OK. Makes sense. Thanks. When I started a conversation with him he said he didn't look at my location (its long way from Cashiers to Durham) so I guess then he deleted his reply.
  10. K

Thread reply

The thread was "White Oak Lumber for Sale" and the email notification from NCWW said that Charlie Jones had responded to it and to press "view this thread" to read his response. When I did so the response was not from him but was a much earlier response from Sabertoothbunny. (I then started a...
  11. K

Thread reply

I got an email from NCWW saying that "so and so" has replied to a post I made and that to not reply to the email but instead to click on "view this thread". OK, no surprises there - that's normal. When I click "view this thread" it shows me an old response from another person. I can't fine "so...
  12. K

Knotty White Oak for sale

I have eleven such boards - the 4 shown are typical. (to PM hover over my name and a Start Conversation option is available) Bob
  13. K

White Oak Lumber for sale

Are you interested in seeing it? PM me (start conversation) and I will give you contact info. Bob
  14. K

White Oak Lumber for sale

Kiln dried and sterilized White Oak for sale (all ~1.06 inch thick) 8” to 10” wide, 8 ft long, $1/board foot or $6 to $7.50 per board, quantity 12 boards 11’ to 12” wide, 8 ft long, $1.50/board foot or $12 to $15 per board, quantity 20 boards 14” to 15” wide, various lengths up to 8 ft...
  15. K

Live Edge Red Oak for sale

Live Edge Red Oak, kiln dried and sterilized 1.5” thick, 16” wide, 6 ft long, with crotch wood $20 per board
  16. K

Knotty White Oak for sale

I have eleven very knotty white oak boards measuring 1.5” x 18” x 7’3”. They have been kiln dried to 7% moisture content and heat treated to 135 deg F to kill insect eggs. Knots are large and cracked; the boards are generally flat but there is bulging at some knots. Makes nice character wood or...
  17. K

Head scratcher ads

At a flea market I saw calipers listed as a graduated C-clamp
  18. K

Screwed and plugged wood flooring - best screws?

I milled and kiln dried hickory then had it T&Ged and installed for my office by nailing thru the tongue. That was 12 years ago and it still looks great.
  19. K

craftsman 113 table saw motor?

air-cooled, I have a Craftsman table saw with almost identical no. 113.29943 A neighbor gave it to me and it had no motor. I put a Datyon 1.5 HP 220 VAC 3500 rpm 220 VAC TEFC motor on it (maybe 30 years ago) and the motor and saw have given me no trouble except for replacing the fence and hand...
  20. K

A case for my saws

I store my saws in a similar fashion - between a closely spaced array of parallel boards. It keeps them from rusting in my unheated barn/shop.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS