Search results

1. NOTW

The death of my first friend, my dad

So sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my dad a couple years ago you will be in my thoughts and prayers
  2. NOTW

Shop Ideas

Here are some of my options, all things on casters for when I change my mind and decide to lay things out differently. Tall cabinet for storing tools and misc items, spray paint/finish storage rack, small parts bins for storing nuts, bolts, screws, etc. flip top cart for my planer and sander...
  3. NOTW

New shop-suggestions for wall material

i typed that and not 2 hours later I was yelling the same thing at my daughter LOL
  4. NOTW

New shop-suggestions for wall material

I can hear my dad yelling now, shut the door I'm not paying to cool the entire neighborhood :)
  5. NOTW

Recent turnings

Very nice, the spalted tamarind reminds me of the horse hair pottery that used to be popular
  6. NOTW

Shop Ideas

My 2-car garage doubles as my shop and it does on occasion have a car in it....gasp. Every now and then I bring a car in to change the oil, clean the interior, etc. So one key thing for me is having everything on wheels so when i need to i can roll everything to the sides and open up the...
  7. NOTW

Dog Food Bowl Stand

So with finishing my dining room table ( Cross half lap joint with a mortise and tenon ) last week the wife asked if I could make a stand to hold the dog's food and water bowl, I thought to myself I have a perfect design as the dog's food bowl sits near the dining room table. So I made a dog...
  8. NOTW

Cross half lap joint with a mortise and tenon

Waterlox Original
  9. NOTW

Tip: Pegboard standoff spacers on the cheap.

I did the same as Dennis, works great. Although i really wish there was a Menard closer, they have woodgrain pegboard....fancy
  10. NOTW

Thank you!
  11. NOTW

Figure 8 hardware https://www.woodworkingshop.com/product/sl20001/
  12. NOTW

Ok finally finished the base, made the top and the bench several years ago. The table top and bench top are both solid walnut.
  13. NOTW

I am 100% not opposed to planing on the dining table but the wife may have comments :p
  14. NOTW

Maybe I am not reading this correctly, but I don't hand plane on my dining table, typically. Everything is together now and am feeling no racking when i push on either side so hopefully all is well. All goes well i should be able to get it painted this weekend and the top attached. :)
  15. NOTW

I did a trial run with the screws last night and after putting 2 screws in each end I was able to stand on the stretcher with no issues. I doubt my table top weighs as much as I do and it wouldn't be supported by the stretcher anyway. Tonight i will glue the stretcher in place, screw it in and...
  16. NOTW

they are 1/4" x 5" with being about 1/2-3/4" countersunk
  17. NOTW

So here is where i am, drilled two 3/4" holes with the forstner bit then drill through for the 1/4" lag screws. Going to screw the lag screws into the stretcher (after pre drilling) and then plug the hole with a 3/4" dowel, fill any voids with wood filler sand and get ready to paint white. PS...
  18. NOTW

Hmmm I like this too, I'll have to run the two options past the boss this evening
  19. NOTW

I agree, I decided since I like the proportion of the stretcher and didn't want to make is smaller I would use long screws to attach it to the X's and then plug the hole with a dowel. Since its going to be painted anyway I can do any filling around the dowel I need to and make them disappear...
  20. NOTW

Since the base is ultimately going to be painted white anyway would I be better off cutting the stretcher to the dimension of the inside of the base and screwing it into place and then plugging the holes? Never had the patience to learn SketchUp, but for some reason AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS