Search results

1. Richo B

Dado Plane

Honestly I only have four dadoes to do that are 1\8" and it isn't worth purchasing the Veritas blade. They aren't going to be very deep and I do have a 1\8" chisel. If I planned to do a lot of them in the future I might consider it.
  2. Richo B

Dado Plane

Progress continues on the tea chest. Today I got out the dado plane that I bought last year and used it on its first project. I've practiced with it when I got it but this was the first time actually doing some work on an actual project. I've got more dadoes to do but they can't be done with...
  3. Richo B

Just a Few

Charlie I've seen many of those in my visits to your house but to see them all together on the shelves is very impressive. There are a few in that second photo that are new and amazing as always. Especially items on the second and third shelf like the circle inside a triangle inside a square.
  4. Richo B

Progress on project

You were right. Now I'm back to Senior User status.
  5. Richo B

Progress on project

I figured as such. I haven't been on since March, mainly because COVID closed down all the restaurants so I can't post about the New Bern monthly lunch bunch anymore. We're not the "take out or curbside" type of group.
  6. Richo B

Am I the only one who does this ?

Wow, you've had that can of Acetone a while.
  7. Richo B

Progress on project

It appears that the site has decided I'm a New Member. Whatever. A little update on the status of the current tea chest project. I've got the carcass completed to the dry fit. It will be coming apart again to add grooves and other features for adding the drawers and sliding panel. I've done...
  8. Richo B

Hide glue series at FW

that is what I thought
  9. Richo B

Next project

It appears they no longer even have a website address. They are however, very active on Facebook. According to a post from yesterday, they are closed on Saturdays until the pandemic is over but are open Monday through Friday 8-5 as usual. So it looks like you'll have to follow them on...
  10. Richo B

New from New Bern

Jay - welcome to the site. I arrange our little luncheons in New Bern if you're interested in joining those once we all get back to normal. We usually e-mail outside the forum to find a date that will work for us before posting it on the site. If you'd like to be included in that process just...
  11. Richo B

Hide glue series at FW

I agree with Mr. Edwards. Reversibility is very important in my museum conservation work. I have horse hide hot glue granules, rabbit glue, liquid fish glue, Old Brown Glue and even the hide glue wafers which I've experimented with once. My go to right now is the Old Brown Glue for which I...
  12. Richo B

Next project

I wonder if they would close because they're primary job is to make crates for Bosch and the Bosch plant is closing for a while after having an employee positive with COVID-19. Since they are under new management now they may indeed shut it down for a while. Hatteras Yachts also shut down for...
  13. Richo B

Next project

That is a beautiful piece! Is the top section a drawer or a lid that pulls up and over, or something else? How did you do the drawer pulls. Perhaps you have a thread already devoted to this that you can refer me to.
  14. Richo B

Next project

I'm spending today doing a very important thing - making sure I have enough and the right size of wood before going forward in this project. My plan was to use only wood that I already have in the house to try to make use of it. But I also don't want to go full into this without having the...
  15. Richo B

Newby

Welcome aboard Lee.
  16. Richo B

Upson Nut Company No. 61

Visited a couple antique stores yesterday on my way back to New Bern from Winston Salem. At the Antique Market Place in Greensboro, I bought an Upson Nut Company No.61 two foot folding rule. From an on-line search, this was a pretty common rule made sometime between 1854 and 1911 when the...
  17. Richo B

Next project

So I have decided on the next item I will tackle. As I mentioned in another post about re-purposing something, this new item will do that job so the re-purposed item can go back to its original placement. I'm going to try to make a box with drawers based on the tea chest featured in Michael...
  18. Richo B

New Bern February lunch this Thursday

Join the New Bern crew for lunch this Thursday 27th at Morgan's Tavern on Craven Street in downtown New Bern at 11:30AM.
  19. Richo B

Plastic connectors for electrical

I've got all those checked. Don't know what happened.
  20. Richo B

Plastic connectors for electrical

I noticed at the bottom of each thread there is a place to check to have them e-mail you. I've have those checked every time I post. It may have had to do with one of my devices (phone or tablet) was signed on to the website for days despite my not actively checking it and that counted as my...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS