Search results

1. Skymaster

220 vs 110v

I run 220 on everything I can. I do see a real improvement over 120. Tablesaw is vitrually instant to max rpm.
  2. Skymaster

The death of my first friend, my dad

Sincere condolences from me and mine to you and yours
  3. Skymaster

How I kick start a commission

too low :cool: :cool: :) absolutely leaving alot on the table. ROFLMAO Willem, looking at all the posts, good sir you have been OUT VOTED price wise lol l;ol lol Take Phils number as avg 5200.00 right in the middle and a fair price.
  4. Skymaster

How I kick start a commission

ballpark 5000 plus a maybe 6000 material not cheap, staining,finishing etc, am now thunking 6 may be too low
  5. Skymaster

What am I supposed to do with this...

Portable Abrasive Blaster Kit this will be tremendous help
  6. Skymaster

New shop-suggestions for wall material

very nice
  7. Skymaster

Lotsa work, check recheck check again. It is very possible this was a permanent fixture so most likely way better than we think,since this was most probably a steady job. All the aggravation up front. It is mind boggling how they did things way back, all done by some smart guy who just gets an idea
  8. Skymaster

forgot to add to my earlier post; if possible make as many home runs as possible! The least circuit sharing will make you very happy for years. Every machine on its own circuit. Bench outlets the same thing
  9. Skymaster

agree with Chris, walls open wire as you wood a house inside walls, then screw 1/2 ply or osb on. NOTE NOTHING less than 12 ga/20a circuits. Dont forget the mini split, :D :D :cool: :cool:
  10. Skymaster

that is a small lathe, probably used for prototyping, one offs. To answer your "large" question; I ran a lathe that had a 80 foot long bed, swung up to 20 ft diameter welded tanks. the operator RODE ON IT WITH SPARE CUTTERS, you could stop it mid turning to change the tool bit. The toolbit...
  11. Skymaster

Only in Hawaii .....

Dave designed it in sketchup. :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:
  12. Skymaster

AWESOMNESS. long time ago in a galaxy far far away, i was a machinist
  13. Skymaster

Building Question: Shop Expansion

BLASPHEMY A CAR IN A SHOP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :D :D o_Oo_Oo_O
  14. Skymaster

Sawing crown molding on a table saw?

Velly interesting; First if cut on table saw the FACE MUST BE UP, otherwise you will have what ever chip out on the face. Second what tilt is your saw?At least that eliminates the thin edge from slipping under fence.only way i can think of on table saw, VERY GOOD magnetic finger boards, in...
  15. Skymaster

If it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!

o_O o_O :D:D:D:D:D:D;);):cool::cool:
  16. Skymaster

Trying not to pull the plug

AMAZON replacement after market batteries, way cheaper, just as gooder if not better
  17. Skymaster

Interesting auction purchase

:) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D YES for sure, just in case, bring some burgers, never let a good crisis go to waste
  18. Skymaster

Coil nailer issue

Henry, Framing nails come at 1 1/2 thru 3" 6, 8, 10, 16. When sheathing generally 10 penny 2 1/2 are what you use. Rule of thumb is; penetration into the framing material is the thickness of the material being nailed to it at a minimum hence why #6 for 1/2" sheathing, full 1" into stud, 1 1/2...
  19. Skymaster

Coil nailer issue

dont get mad but you have framing nails in a roofing gun. Your own words siding nails, nope not in a roofing gun. Very possible you could get hurt, If you have alot of sheathing to do, just buy a proper gun, coil nailers are great, just have to be the right one.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS