Search results

1. T

Carter BS quick realease

I also have it on my 1984 Delta BS... @Keye Which model Delta BS do you have?
  2. T

Contractor saw alignment

I second PALS! I have them on the contractor saw that I am now selling and they made adjustments so much easier! I also talked to the guy over at In-Line industries (the maker of the PALS) and he suggested replacing the pulleys and belts as well. They worked well for me and if anyone has a...
  3. T

FS: Delta Contractor Table Saw - sold

@BKHam I know what you mean! They are pretty expensive (not to mention shipping) to get on eBay so I was lucky to get a matched set. They definitely made a big difference on the saw. If someone ends up buying the saw and offers me less without the wings, I will keep you in mind :)
  4. T

Bow saw

Just in case anyone looks up this thread later. I have the 10-24-23 version of the bahco listed above with a wet wood blade and it is a great saw. For medium size logs I could get through them faster than my neighbor could setup and cut with his small, underpowered chain saw...
  5. T

I am on the west side of Durham
  6. T

USA made Delta 34-444 from the early 90s. It has quite a few very useful upgrades including cast iron wings (from a unisaw), an upgraded fence, upgrades pulleys, Contract Saw PALS, a leecraft plate with splitters, and upgraded switch. Full Stats below the pictures. I also have the old stamped...
  7. T

Bored 7 Year Old

I saw this on YouTube. Rex shows how to make a gun and a tic tac toe board.
  8. T

Sherwin-Williams Sherwood pre-cat lacquer

I used it last year in my Earlex HV5500 to paint a dresser for my daughter and it worked great. I just thinned it until it passed the cup test and I was good to go.
  9. T

Where to find used machines nowadays?

George, I am not sure of the details, but here are a few to check out in NC from Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/798127160623747/ https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/865845023865896/ https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2431124270441418/
  10. T

Facial Hair and Respirators

This was a nice chart I found in an article about coronavirus. It was also entertaining to see all of the names for different styles!
  11. T

Lowes Savings Deal 15% Exp 2/29

Thanks for the tip!
  12. T

For Sale Rockwell 8" Jointer

I picked up an 8in 1950s Art Deco delta jointer a few months back that I am restoring. It is very similar to this one. (but a lot more rust :) ) I only had a Honda Fit to get it home, but I found that mine could be taken apart quite easily. Your base seems a bit more put together than mine, but...
  13. T

Wanted: Instructions for a Delta 50-389 (extension wings for the Delta 31-250 drum sander)

@Bill Clemmons Thanks Bill, but I must be missing something. I see the manual for the drum sander itself (which I have), but not the manual for the extension wings.
  14. T

Wanted: Instructions for a Delta 50-389 (extension wings for the Delta 31-250 drum sander)

I purchased the extension wings (Delta 50-389) for my Delta 31-250 18-36 drum sander off of eBay and while it was listed as new in box, it did not have the instructions. If anyone has the instructions I would be happy to pay a reasonable price for them or would love to borrow them for a few...
  15. T

Wanted - 1.5 HP Motor for Delta 8in Jointer Restoration - Found

Thanks everyone! Someone on the site sent me a PM and had a motor that matched the specs I was looking for. I might try something different in the future (and there were lots of great suggestions!), but for now, I think I will just use this motor with an identically sized new pulley with a 5/8...
  16. T

@Oka Thanks for the clarification! If I decide to keep the old motor I will go down that route! I am just not sure it is worth going to 220 for 1.5HP. If I go to 220 and my Jointer can handle it, I might go to 2HP.
  17. T

@Alan in Little Washington Thanks for the great write up. From what I understand looking at the old catalogs and owwm.org, in the 50s Delta did ship their jointers with 1725 RPM motors. As you suspected, the pulley on the cutterhead is 1.5-2 in (I would need to go out and measure) and the...
  18. T

@Oka I think it can be inverted to phase 1, but I read that I would lose 1/3 of the horsepower. I figured I might as well just get a 1PH motor so I did not go down to 1HP. @Pop Golden I did look into a HF motor but given all of the work it will take to restore the jointer, I wanted to stick...
  19. T

I was able to grab an 8in Delta jointer to restore, but unfortunately (for me) it came with a 3 Phase motor. I was wondering if anyone had a 1.5 HP 1PH 1725RPM motor (the ideal would be TEFC and with manual protector) that they would be willing to sell or trade? The motor that came with it is...
  20. T

Forum Access

@FlyingRon thanks!

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS