Search results

1. MikeL

Dang, y'all know how to make a guy feel special.

Great to see you back on here, DaveO! It's also nice to see some other familiar names from the early days. Good times.
  2. MikeL

Scheppach CS 55 Plunge Saw with Two 25" Rails and Connector $125 shipped - Good Deal?

Thank you for letting us know about the site and deal!
  3. MikeL

Mandolin build...

Dan, that guitar is gorgeous! I would love to be able to make a guitar.
  4. MikeL

Happy Birthday MikeL

Thanks guys! It's been a great day so far. I hope y'all are doing well.
  5. MikeL

Hardwood floor question

I just finished installing hardwoods in our living room. My house was built in the late 80's and had particle board on the subfloor. I left the subfloor untouched and installed 3/4" prefinished oak hardwood in 2 1/4" strips to match existing materials. I chose to use the staples.
  6. MikeL

Multi-Tool Replacement blades

Thanks for the info!
  7. MikeL

Going to look at a monster oak log tomorrow.

Unreal! They've got the right person for the job.
  8. MikeL

Capacitor

I would suggest Motors and Controls on Hodges Street in Raleigh.
  9. MikeL

New Mantel Almost Finished!

Here is the "before" photo: View image in gallery
  10. Fireplace Mantel (Before)

Fireplace Mantel (Before)

11. MikeL

New Mantel Almost Finished!

I put the last coat of paint on today and installed the new set of glass doors. Now I have to finish installing the floor. View image in gallery View image in gallery
  12. Finished Mantel II

Finished Mantel II

13. Finished Mantel I

Finished Mantel I

14. MikeL

Window A/C in a door?

I did the majority of the cutting with a circular saw and reversed the blade. I cleaned the corners up with a jig saw.
  15. MikeL

Window A/C in a door?

If the door is to remain operable, I would follow the advice expressed above concerning reinforcement. I encountered no issues with flexing, but I do not use the door. My biggest caution would be to consider the depth of the A/C unit if you are hoping to continue using the door as an...
  16. MikeL

Window A/C in a door?

It is not very clear in the photos, but there are four carriage bolts used in total. First, two were used to bolt two pieces of angle together. These two pieces are positioned in the same orientation, an inverted "L" shape, on both the interior and exterior sides of the door. Positioning the...
  17. MikeL

Window A/C in a door?

Here are some photos of my solution. Please keep in mind that I never used this door. While I can still open it, it cannot be opened all the way. Depending on the depth of the unit installed and nearby exterior wall restrictions, you may or may not be able to open the door all the way. It...
  18. Exterior View of Window A/C Unit

Exterior View of Window A/C Unit

I used another piece of angle on the outside. The unit was installed with a slight downward angle toward the exterior for drainage.
  19. Window A/C Unit Door Installation

Window A/C Unit Door Installation

20. Window A/C Unit Door Installation

Window A/C Unit Door Installation

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS