Search results

1. Lhloy

Custom flush/trimming plane on ebay !

What a deal, looks like 1/4th off!
  2. Lhloy

Edge Pro Sharpening System

I have and use the Edge Pro Apex model. I made a sub-plate for the base top from aluminum and inletted rare earth magnets to serve as a blade clamp, which I have had good success with. Without the blade clamp, you have to do a two-handed "track the belly curve" of the knife while holding it...
  3. Lhloy

Black Walnut Floating Top End Table

That's some fine wordworking. Thanks for sharing.
  4. Lhloy

ADDING TO MY COLLECTION TODAY!

Continued healing and recovery! Might as well stay home and recover as to go out an chance exposing yourself to the coronavirus. God Bless.
  5. Lhloy

Chaos or shoulda' had a SawStop

thanks for sharing......perhaps your story will save me someday!
  6. Lhloy

ADDING TO MY COLLECTION TODAY!

Best wishes and God bless.
  7. Lhloy

Living With Arthritis in the Hands

For me, pushing 70, I've found topical Penetrex cream and the arthritis spandex gloves (tight fitting) with the fingers cut out to be helpful for the osteoarthritis in my hands. Occasionally aleve when extra bad, but I don't like oral meds. When really hurting, I naturally back off the stress...
  8. Lhloy

Woodworking vice

ha ha, you're right! I keep trying to remember the "S" in vise means 'squeeze' - Thanks
  9. Lhloy

Woodworking vice

Just now there is an old Desmond woodworking vice for a very reasonable price on Raleigh CL 'Tools for Sale'. This vice would be well worth restoring to a trophy condition. Good luck.
  10. Lhloy

Sharpening lube

Oops! You're right... I meant mineral oil.
  11. Lhloy

Sharpening lube

I use DMT 'stones' and have tried many lubricants over the years. Almost anything is better than dry, for my personal preference. But I have settled on 50-50 baby oil and mineral spirits. This gives me the viscosity I want. The baby oil is mineral spirits (with fragrance), very cheap from...
  12. Lhloy

Making a Scraper

The way I interpret the Amazon ad is you only get 1 scraper. They sell the other 2 configurations separately.
  13. Lhloy

CAD Software of Choice

plus one for SolidWorks. The parametric modeling concept is an awesomely powerful tool. Unfortunately, SW only becomes easy to use with a lot of practice, but I for one consider well worth it. Looking back on Sketchup and 2-D packages like AutoCad, I am now hooked on SW.
  14. Lhloy

New Member from Acworth, Georgia

Hello Bob, welcome, and kudos for your service. Just a bit of trivia ... I lived in Cartersville, Ga for 9 years before I moved to the triangle, so I know a bit about Acworth. Love those north Ga mountains. But that was a long time ago. Happy sawdust.
  15. Lhloy

Rockwell Jawhorse on sale

I have a Jawhorse that I use a lot, a lot more than I thought I would when I bought it, and I can highly recommend it
  16. Lhloy

Remember to *SMILE*

Thank you Wayne, that worked!
  17. Lhloy

Remember to *SMILE*

OK, I must be doing something wrong. I get the message "Your search " NCWW " did not match any eligible organizations" when I try to input this into the AMAZON SMILE search field for my charity. Any ideas?
  18. Lhloy

face shield recommendation

I have both the plastic (I think it's polycarbonate) and the mesh face shields and I like the mesh much better, no fogging. However, the vision is not quite as clear but this has never been a problem. I have never been smacked in the face wearing either one, so I don't know if there is any...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS