A Recent Table Project

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
I recently had an occasion to model a trestle table that can be extended by adding leaves at each end. This is based on a table from Sweden dated to the late 1800s.

Yesterday there was a fellow who is planning a trestle table with an extendable top using equalizer type slides and he wants to be able to stow the leaves under the top. It was a simple enough thing to modify the table I'd just done and add the slides (which I had "in stock" from a previous project) and I ended up with this.

With the tops removed:

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Different mechanics but same result as my Swedish solid teak table. Add some felt to the cross members. Beautiful rendering Dave.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Thanks David.

Rob, thanks. In the case of the first table there is no on-board storage provision for the leaves. I kept the design pretty close to the original. I suppose you'd wedge the leaves in next to the fridge when they aren't being used. I did think about designing some storage on that one but didn't like the way it would look so I abandoned it. It would be easy enough to convert it to a draw leaf table if you don't mind the double top appearance.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS