Panel Raising Jig - Raising position
McRabbet

Panel Raising Jig - Raising position

Cutting a 11 degree bevel on the front side of a door panel -- I usually do a pre-cut 1/8" deep on face to avoid chipout and to form a nicer reveal.
That's awesome, what a great idea. I would have never thought of an assembly like that. How much effect on accuracy is the adjustable runners? Running the sled against the fence should be good enough, but what do I know. Dave

DaveO -- I'm embarrassed :oops: that I never saw this post from several weeks ago in my gallery -- but to answer your questions, I loosen the runner knobs and use the fence to set the jig for desired cut (e.g., 1/4" from jig face to outside of blade for a backcut on a panel). Then I lock the runners down to keep the jig from moving away from the fence. It works quite smoothly. Adapted this version of the jig from an article in WOOD magazine (see pp. 60-62, Sept 2005). Mine doesn't have the sandpaper face shown in the article, but I may add some (panels have never slipped, but be sure they are seated against the face of the jig; I missed once and had the panel overlap the stop. Ouch).

DaveO said:
That's awesome, what a great idea. I would have never thought of an assembly like that. How much effect on accuracy is the adjustable runners? Running the sled against the fence should be good enough, but what do I know. Dave

Media information

Album
Jigs and Fixtures
Added by
McRabbet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Premier Sponsor