Looking for quarter sawn sycamore

wolfden

New User
Andy
I would like to make a project with quarter sawn sycamore. I have checked with the usual sources in central NC but have not found anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
I don't have have any, but what size pieces are you looking for?

I plan to quarter saw at least one sycamore ( 30" diameter) this summer. Most of it will be 5/4 with some 8/4 and 12/4.

joec

joe
User
I have a couple of 8/4 quartersawn sycamore that I could part with in Wilmington if that works for you.

wolfden

New User
Andy
I don't have have any, but what size pieces are you looking for?

I plan to quarter saw at least one sycamore ( 30" diameter) this summer. Most of it will be 5/4 with some 8/4 and 12/4.
Thanks! I was hoping to begin the project in the next couple of weeks. I would need mostly 4/4 with a little 8/4.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I maintain the Lumber Dealers map in the Resources tab at the top of the page. If you save it in Google Maps it will get updated as additions/deletions are made. If your profile location is correct, I would check with Kluttz in Concord, Josh Hartsell in Locust, and Rugby in Charlotte

wolfden

New User
Andy
I maintain the Lumber Dealers map in the Resources tab at the top of the page. If you save it in Google Maps it will get updated as additions/deletions are made. If your profile location is correct, I would check with Kluttz in Concord, Josh Hartsell in Locust, and Rugby in Charlotte
I'll check on the Resources tab. I have not done that yet. I have been getting my wood at Kluttz but didn't know about the other locations. Thanks!

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I'm in Winston Salem. I bought some 4/4 from GPS hardwoods a while back but due to health problems, haven't really had a chance to use it. Would be willing to sell to free up some space. Its not the standard QS, if I recall it had lots of colors too. I can take pics if you want to see some samples

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS