Time to unload

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Jimenez

JJ
Corporate Member
Steve, “I hold it true, whate’er befall; I feel it when I sorrow most; ‘Tis better to have loved and lost…than never to have loved at all.” I am hoping you can still provide your amazing knowledge on this forum.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Steve - sorry to hear that you are getting out of the hobby. Thanks for your vision and dedication starting this woodworking community.

-Mark

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
So sorry to here you hit "that point" ...Keep this thought always in your heart--- because of you, all of us have been enriched by you, this site and the great friendships we all have made. Thank you !

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
In general this is What i would like to see happen. I will be available most weekdays 6am to 730 pm. send me a PM saying what you may be interested in, or just want to see what I have. Give me a day and approx time, and I wIll respond with tel# and address. Also tell me if you only interested in specific items or would like to come and see the rest of what i have. If you only interested in specific items, i will notify if the item(s) are already spoken for. I am going to do this on first paid, fIrst go basis.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
As for the people who have offered to help organize.Thank you very much. But it is too soon. There is no place to sort and and display. I need to sell some of the larger stuff so we can set up some display tables. I’ll post as soon as that happens.

J Casper

New User
Casper
Casper, I’m sorry but you just joined. I make it a practice to buy or sell only from established members
How am I to become "established" without becoming a new member? I apologize if I came in too late. But, that should not count me out of being a good customer and possibly friend with you as well as anyone else here. I was under the impression I was joining a good group of fellow woodworkers. Apparently, I'm not worthy because I "just joined". May you have a wonderful, long and healthy life and may God bless you all.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
How am I to become "established" without becoming a new member? I apologize if I came in too late. But, that should not count me out of being a good customer and possibly friend with you as well as anyone else here. I was under the impression I was joining a good group of fellow woodworkers. Apparently, I'm not worthy because I "just joined". May you have a wonderful, long and healthy life and may God bless you all.
Casper, hang around and get to know us. This is a very special situation Steve has chosen to share with his close friends. This is not the typical shop closing.

You are welcome here and there will be many other opportunities for you.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I am interested in the lathe and accessories if you could pm or post the price.
I still don’t know what all the accessoriels i have, and i haven’t yet set a price for the Lathe. They don’t make that model anymore and i’m not sure what to charge. I’m sure that in person, we could come up with a mutually agreed price. Especially, if you could see some accessories and we could create a bundle that works for both of us.

I see that you are in Pikeville and I realize that you don’t want to make the trip if there is bit of uncertainty on price, etc. But. For my part I am working on first come first serve, in person, money in hand. Sorry, I don’t want to hold onto something until a person can come and get it. I also don’t like the idea of someone paying for an item they haven’t seen. So this is what i have come up with to make things as fair as possible. I really can‘t accommodate people who don‘t live close to this area.

However, given all that, if you would like to come up here and try to make a deal, i am PMing my contact info.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
I completely understand your position. I will keep a watch on the thread and see what happens. Be backs and green backs are not the same thing. lol

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Let me be blunt. You only joined soon after I posted the for sale notice. And then you have only made two posts to the site and they are both to this thread. Past experience says that with patterns like that, it means that the only reason the person hjoined is to take advantage of this specific sale. Such people usually never actually have any use for the site and never really participate.

May I suggest, that if you truly want to be a member of this site you start to participate in some of the discussions and post in the applicable forum something about yourself as a Woodworker. That’s the way we would all like to see things happen.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I completely understand your position. I will keep a watch on the thread and see what happens. Be backs and green backs are not the same thing. lol
thanks for understanding. If you are in the area, please let me know. Perhaps the lathe will still be available and or accessories will still be avaiable.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I just got back from Steve's. I tried to make a major dent in what he has offered for sale, but try as I might, there is still plenty left for everyone.

All the items I saw were in excellent condition, some even NIB.

Steve: Thanks for the opportunity to look over your tools, and more importantly, thanks to you and Gail for your time and hospitality.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I just got back from Steve's. I tried to make a major dent in what he has offered for sale, but try as I might, there is still plenty left for everyone.

All the items I saw were in excellent condition, some even NIB.

Steve: Thanks for the opportunity to look over your tools, and more importantly, thanks to you and Gail for your time and hospitality.
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS