New old member...

teesquare

T
Senior User
I noticed that I actually joined this forum in 2011. Yet - I managed to forget about NC Woodworker, and never posted...

So...here I am! I live in Western NC, near Brevard. And while I have a pretty full woodworking shop - and years of flatwork experience....I have gravitated to woodturning. I am a member of the Carolina Mountain Woodturners and may want to join another club if nearby as well. If you are planning on attending the Big Crafty event in Asheville, I will be helping out at the CMW booth, so stop by and say hello.

I am always experimenting with shapes, styles and finishes. Mostly bowls and beginning to turn some hollow forms.

Glad to have re-found NC Woodworker!
T

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum, we look forward to you sharing your adventure with us.

teesquare

T
Senior User
Oka - I don't know what happened you post - I refreshed my page and no longer see it. But, thank you!

bowman - thanks. Don't know why I lost this forum....I am sure there will be many, many things I can learn here. No matter what we know - how much or how little...there are always things to learn!

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
yea, the way the forum software is, once you have read messages, they do not show in the list, until a new post is added to the thread. You can always find your messages if you click the down arrow beside 'Forums' and select one of the options there.

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 7.27.26 AM.png

BTW, Oka's message was in your other thread with your turning.

Neal

teesquare

T
Senior User
yea, the way the forum software is, once you have read messages, they do not show in the list, until a new post is added to the thread. You can always find your messages if you click the down arrow beside 'Forums' and select one of the options there.

View attachment 206242

BTW, Oka's message was in your other thread with your turning.

Neal
Ooops...o.k. thank you for that!

teesquare

T
Senior User
Welcome T. Can you tell me more about Big Crafty in Asheville?
The Big Crafty is a celebration/shopping experience for all things hand-crafted. Sort of a place to see and even buy things that we used to call "cottage industry" goods. Everything from hand-sewn goods to "treen-ware" - like carved wooden kitchen tools, to hand-forged items, wood turnings, etc... It is held at the place we used to call The Civic Center downtown Asheville.. A pretty big place for a craft show. Here is a link, tho I am not seeing a lot of detail in it.

Reactions: Oka

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Glad to get to know you T, I live near Hickory, but as a disabled veteran I ffrequently make trips to the Asheville VA Medical Center for various reasons, I hope maybe next time around I can be a vendor at the Crafty thing. Have a wonderful and filling Thanksgiving day!

teesquare

T
Senior User
Thanks sawman!
Carolina Mountain Woodturners demonstrates woodturning every year at the Big Crafty. I hope to see you there, please let me know. The VA hospital in Asheville is said to be the best one in the country. I hope you find it to be good for your needs as well. And most important of all… THANK YOU for your service.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thanks sawman!
se let me know. The VA hospital in Asheville is said to be the best one in the country. I hope you find it to be good for your needs as well. And most important of all… THANK YOU for your service.
Thank you sir! Indeed the CHARLES GEORGE VA MEDICAL CENTER is the best in the country! I've been to VA hospitals where the general feeling I've gotten was we weren't welcome or wanted there, not so Asheville where even the maintenance staff had warm greetings while passing in the corridor--this attests to superior management and public relations training. If the management sucks in treatment of staff, that is passed along to the patients. I used to refer to the Salisbury facility as being part of a Confederate Civil War POW camp, and they had the same S.O.B.s running the hospital today!:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS