Just another house

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
This one finished Monday.

Entry level.

These come from either Vietnam, Cambodia or Indonesia. We purchase flat pack and assemble ourselves. Sadly the quality is far superior to anything entry level made here in the US. They compare to the best quality local, which will be more than double the price. The local offers more finish colors, stains and door types though at the high end level.

We cannot make these for what we pay for them.

0A881934-0970-4588-A0D8-4A4B7CA8CE2A.jpeg
AD3A8B04-DB6D-41CE-A343-3CD6AC171AA9.jpeg

Claus

Claus
User
Looks great. Can you give us a brand name? I’m planning a kitchen remodel and am overwhelmed with the choices available. Then again I also suffer from FOBO.

thanks

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Looks great. Can you give us a brand name? I’m planning a kitchen remodel and am overwhelmed with the choices available. Then again I also suffer from FOBO.

thanks
We are dealers and distributors for eight manufacturers. They only sell to dealers/distributors.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
The guy I bought the big sander and molder/planer months ago said the same thing. They ran a cabinet shop but quit making them and were buying them from Vietnam.... By the train car load. They came flat- packed. He actually showed me a couple that had been damaged during installation and replaced. They looked to be decent cabinets.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
The guy I bought the big sander and molder/planer months ago said the same thing. They ran a cabinet shop but quit making them and were buying them from Vietnam.... By the train car load. They came flat- packed. He actually showed me a couple that had been damaged during installation and replaced. They looked to be decent cabinets.
Sadly we deal with one of the oldest manufacturers here in NC. Every job they have to send at least 10 replacement parts. The drawer slide catches are stapled on.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Willemjm do you know of anyone out in the Greenville, SC that is a good designer for kitchen and bath?
We are thinking about it, but need better storage ideas...

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Big question is what's the lead time on these, especially with shipping uncertainties? Might be a risk on making deadlines unless they are stockpiled in the U.S.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sadly we deal with one of the oldest manufacturers here in NC. Every job they have to send at least 10 replacement parts. The drawer slide catches are stapled on.
I feel your pain on this, when saw this in person, I came unhinged (pun intended) on the powers that are in charge of this. It will change, it may take some time but it will change. Using staples where screws are recommended, the unmitigated gaul of some people.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Willemjm do you know of anyone out in the Greenville, SC that is a good designer for kitchen and bath?
We are thinking about it, but need better storage ideas...
@Hank We got in a hurry and used Cabinets2Go for our pantry and laundry. 2 week delivery. Made in SE Asia, e.g., Vietnam. I think they warehouse in TN. The plywood (1/2") is really nice. Fit and finish good to very good. Paint is/was excellent. We had to add some structural pieces in laundry room due to span and size and SW matched the paint using their spectrum analysis on a small piece. Even though C2G supplied the paint code, they didn't specify the base. Hardware seems to be quality and they use soft close drawers. We bought pulls and handles elsewhere (blue box). C2G seems to have all the fancy turnstiles, etc. people are putting in kitchens.

We took our dimensions to the showroom in Columbia and worked with KC on the design for a couple of hours to get the final design which was adapted for electrical panel an other impediments. Walked out with full CAD 2&3D drawings that you could almost build from. Assembly was straight forward although the instructions are weak. Some videos on YouTube were helpful. FWIW, KC sold cabinets at the orange box for awhile before moving to C2G.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Big question is what's the lead time on these, especially with shipping uncertainties? Might be a risk on making deadlines unless they are stockpiled in the U.S.
Manufactured in Highpoint, NC. Lead time right now around 10 weeks. You have to work through a dealer. Imports, we can supply within around 3 weeks. If you are willing to do own assembly, supply within one week. If times were different, we could offer different options from 100% service to do it yourself options, but we are over-extended with the market right now in one county only.

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Hank We got in a hurry and used Cabinets2Go for our pantry and laundry. 2 week delivery. Made in SE Asia, e.g., Vietnam. I think they warehouse in TN. The plywood (1/2") is really nice. Fit and finish good to very good. Paint is/was excellent. We had to add some structural pieces in laundry room due to span and size and SW matched the paint using their spectrum analysis on a small piece. Even though C2G supplied the paint code, they didn't specify the base. Hardware seems to be quality and they use soft close drawers. We bought pulls and handles elsewhere (blue box). C2G seems to have all the fancy turnstiles, etc. people are putting in kitchens.

We took our dimensions to the showroom in Columbia and worked with KC on the design for a couple of hours to get the final design which was adapted for electrical panel an other impediments. Walked out with full CAD 2&3D drawings that you could almost build from. Assembly was straight forward although the instructions are weak. Some videos on YouTube were helpful. FWIW, KC sold cabinets at the orange box for awhile before moving to C2G.
one small question - who is "KC"?

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sales person we used at the Columbia office. Very patient and helpful - even in loading the truck when we picked up the boxes.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sales person we used at the Columbia office. Very patient and helpful - even in loading the truck when we picked up the boxes.
AH! that makes sense now...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS