***FREE*** Hardwood

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Again, just let me know as I am only a few miles away.
Looks like some for everyone.

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
I am very disappointed in how bitter people have become on what used to be a great forum. The tone of the forum has really changed. There are lots of long time great folks on here who never complained or spoke down to another member. Only good hearted fun and compliments used to be the norm. I have had more complaints about free wood than it was worth so I’m returning it to nature via the burn pile. Happy for those who graciously accepted the offer and benefited without complaint.

mikeh74

New User
Mike
I am very disappointed in how bitter people have become on what used to be a great forum. The tone of the forum has really changed. There are lots of long time great folks on here who never complained or spoke down to another member. Only good hearted fun and compliments used to be the norm. I have had more complaints about free wood than it was worth so I’m returning it to nature via the burn pile. Happy for those who graciously accepted the offer and benefited without complaint.

Wow. Sorry to hear this. I'm new here and this is shocking. Thank you for the kind gesture.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
:(

Not sure why some aren't gracious. I might be wrong, but I don't think you were holding a gun to their head and forcing them to take your free wood. Even if you were... it is free. Take it...use what you can, and if the other pieces are not acceptable, then toss them. No need to be "that guy."

Steve... I don't blame you for burning the wood. If it were me, I'd probably do the same.

Best of luck with things and I hope this experience has not permanently soured you from the forum.

Rory

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
When I started on this forum I picked up some free material from a member close(ish) to me. He had had a similar experience. Folks would come by, bad mouth his stuff and leave like he had insulted them. I took what I wanted (some is still waiting for a project 10+ years later but the price was right). The stuff that didn’t suit my preferences I left for someone else. How hard is that?

I just don’t get some people. Sorry it went this way for you.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Hi Steve, I don't know who was complaining, but let me apologize for them. This is the best woodworking site I've found. It's been all the things you said it use to be. I still get to pick on Hank & Sawman all in good fun. It still befuddles me that people would complain about FREE stuff.

Pop

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You posted a pics of what you had, so anyone interested knew before they got to your door. I didn't have time to get by, so that is my loss.

Fred J

Fred
User
Steve, I’ll join Pop and apologize for them also. I’ll bring my hand truck and pick up truck move and move as much as I can.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I too guess I was too far down on the list, but no worries. No reason for anyone to be disrespectful. Even "worthless" scraps would have been a great help to my learning better skills in joinery and turning.

BobYon

New User
Bob
Wow, that looked like a great bunch of wood. If it's not burned yet I'd be grateful to get any of it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS