Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Your link is coming up as someone that may be impersonating Holtey tool

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
His certificate has expired. NCWW has temporary lapses like that sometimes.

I sent him a e-mail and he is renewing the cert.

Last edited:

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Mike ......... my comment "It slices!, it Dices! its the Hotely setting hammer ! ... but Wait ! ..... if you order today......... nice price if you can get it. :oops:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I guess 7000 pounds would be about $10,000.

I make my planes as one off commissions or in very small batches; they are not made on a production line. Every part of each plane is made by me - I do not buy or subcontract any components, the only process not done in my workshop is the thermal treatment of blades.

I use machine tools in my workshop in order to achieve the precision and finish which I demand and have become known for. These tools, whilst allowing me to build to a standard other makers can only dream of, certainly do not ‘automate’ the task of making a plane and I would consider a Holtey plane to be as hand made an item as the work of the finest gunsmiths and jewelers.

Each component in my planes requires many processes to complete and this adds up to many hundreds for the finished tool. A plane may take in excess of two hundred hours of labour to complete and this time is reflected in the prices I ask. Although I no longer publish a price list, prices for the low angle planes start at around £2500 pounds and rise to around £7000 or more for the large panel planes.

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Wonder how a client would respond to such a statement.... Put into context

"... I only make my stair spindles as one off commissions and only use my hand tools in my shop"

That being said my custom stair spindles start at 2500.00 and range up to 10,000.00 per spindle......"

Uh-huh, that's right one good job and I am retired ......... :rolleyes::D

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
"I bought my Plane Setting Hammer for a 1000 pound sterling. Whilst using the hammer, I discovered my 10 quid Stanley worked just as well ............ bugger, got shagged on this deal."

Nice Accent they have, too bad -the personality doesn't always match.

it give me hives - I worked for a few Brits through the years and most were not pleasant!

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS