I'm New - Wake Forest\Raleigh

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Hello all,

I am new to this site, but not new to woodworking.

Many years ago, I had built some items; baseball bat (that was interesting), desk (oak) with inlay (don't recall the wood), curved front table (cherry), & most recently and very quickly... a long desk (maple plywood).

Just like most, probably, I am a hobbyist.

For whatever reason, my mind already has me at an expert woodworker level but, my work speaks differently.

I am looking to increase my skillset, build more, enjoy more, and who knows what else.

If I have anything informative and\or positive to contribute... I will.

Thanks again and looking forward to what might come...

Rory

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Rory!
We are glad you found us - please post some pictures as your work sounds interesting.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Raymond...

Thanks for the information. I thought I was the only one.
Maybe I am not looking in the right areas (websites) but, I am glad to know there might be others (near me) to lean on for information, assistance, and who knows what else.

Later on, I might have to check back in and see where everyone gets their wood from. Trying to stay away from HD & Lowes and any "specialty (overpriced) stores. I've only come across 2-3 sawmills\lumber mills but, most are "far away" or in our current state... charging quadruple the pricing. In the meantime, I am just trying to get my "shop" (13' x 19') setup as well as design\put together the dust collection.

Thanks again and looking forward to continuing to be a member...

Rory

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Welcome to the sawdust pile. I'm just up the road between franklinton and youngsville. Feel free to ask and answer.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Raymond...

Maybe I am not looking in the right areas (websites) but, I am glad to know there might be others (near me) to lean on for information, assistance, and who knows what else.

Later on, I might have to check back in and see where everyone gets their wood from. Trying to stay away from HD & Lowes and any "specialty (overpriced) stores. I've only come across 2-3 sawmills\lumber mills but, most are "far away" or in our current state... charging quadruple the pricing. In the meantime, I am just trying to get my "shop" (13' x 19') setup as well as design\put together the dust collection.

Rory
Rory,
Have a look at this post for potential lumber sources: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?resources/where-to-buy-wood.20/

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Raymond...

Rory
Lots of woodworkers around, hard to see the since they're always in the shop :) I'm in North Raleigh, close enough to Wake Forest. Agreed it's good to have people close by for ideas, technical assistance, move a heavy tool, etc.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS