Wanted - Dovetail jig- UPDATE got one!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I've made it this far in woodworking without one, but now am in need of a dovetail jig. Don't need much capacity (width), so likely any size will work. I'm in the Raleigh area and need something in the next few weeks. If anyone out there has such a beast that's gathering dust and is wanting to get rid of it, let me know. Thanks

Update in post below

Last edited:

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Henry,
I've got a new-in-the-box Leigh router table dovetail jig. $225.
Great timing; I was going to post this For Sale in the next few days.
From the manufacturer:
Leigh Router Table Dovetail Jig
Leigh Jigs' new Router Table Dovetail Jig will allow you to make absolutely beautiful dovetails, half-blind dovetails, and box joints with repeatable, perfectly fit results. Constructed with high quality aluminum and featuring easy to adjust hardware, this simple to use sled will safely deliver high quality results in a fraction of the time it would take to cut these joints by hand.

The patented Positioning Feature on this jig allows for making multiple sizes of dovetail and box joints by utilizing a step-over system for repositioning the template relative to the hold-down board position. Throw in the ability to center your work over the template and you've removed all of the guess work of laying out joints. With this innovative system, the jig fits your project - not the other way around!

Perfect for woodworkers of all experience levels, this jig comes with an easy to follow step-by-step instruction guide and DVD tutorial. With this jig you'll be capable of making 5 sizes of through dovetails at two different pitches, 3 sizes of single pass half-blind dovetails, and 4 sizes of box joints (finger joints). Perfect joint fit is guaranteed and repeatable with the patented Leigh elliptical guide bushing that is included with the Jig.

Get more info here: RTJ400 Router Table Dovetail Jig | Best Dovetail Jig Leigh RTJ400 (leightools.com)

dovetail jig.jpg
dovetail jig.jpg

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Bobby
I'm potentially interested - does this include the bits and bushing?
The WOOD mag video suggests these are part of the set... so yes even more interested now.

Last edited:

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I was thinking I don't use my system with all the fancy templates. I'll go figure it out. I have their box joint jig too, never used it.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Sorry to any other interested parties - Bob and I are working out a deal. Not a completed deal, but it is effectively sold; I just need to get there and get it. Thanks Bob!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Text message sent
Thanks so much Bob - it was a pleasure to meet you and your 'apprentice' (EDIT Jean, not Jane), to see your wonderful shop, and to appreciate some of those gorgeous projects you have completed. Seriously nice work!
Oh and I also picked up a new jig outta the deal - I left some cash but also left with greater aspirations for both projects and shop space!

Here's my recommendation to the rest of you - snap up something that Bob may be offering for sale - and prepare to spend some time talking shop when you go to pick it up. It's definitely worth the trip to Pittsboro!

Last edited:

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Thanks so much Bob - it was a pleasure to meet you and your 'apprentice' (Jane, if recall correctly), to see your wonderful shop, and to appreciate some of those gorgeous projects you have completed. Seriously nice work!
Oh and I also picked up a new jig outta the deal - I left some cash but with greater aspirations for both projects and shop space!

Here's my recommendation to the rest of you - snap up something that Bob may be offering for sale - and prepare to spend some time talking shop when you go to pick it up. It's definitely worth the trip to Pittsboro!

It was our pleasure to show you around.
Bob & Jean

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
It was our pleasure to show you around.
Bob & Jean
Jean, Jane - a little dyslexia or else an anagram - sorry I missed that detail.
A pleasure nevertheless.

Hope my dovetails work out as well and as easy-peasy as you promised they would - haha!
Appreciate the jig (and the extras), I expect it will work well for me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS