Hello from Daughter of a woodworking sculptor

JoyMac

New User
JoyMac
Thanks for adding me to this site. I am not a woodworker but my late dad was, mainly sculpture and some furniture. These are some of the pieces he created. I now have some of his machines and tools and was hoping to get input on selling them to another woodworker. There are some lathe tools, a drill press, carving chisels, etc. and I would love to share pics of them, too.
dads madonna.jpeg
dads tray.jpeg
dads madonna.jpegdads tray.jpeg
dads goldfish.jpeg
dads madonna.jpegdads tray.jpegdads goldfish.jpeg
dads madonna.jpeg

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
i believe we still have a program to do that. what part of the state are you in?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Your Father's talent is GREAT!
I wish I would have met him - much to learn from talented people like that!

We can help with your Father's equipment, depending on what help you are looking for. (pricing etc. there is even a forum to sell tools here on NCWW, but you have to jump through a few hoops to do that.) I am sure there will be people interested in his carving tools and others in the machinery and wood.

JoyMac

New User
JoyMac
Thanks everyone for the comments on my dad's work. Amazingly, he was a businessman by day, even owned a used car lot when he retired. He also carved with stone and created some bronze busts. Here is a cradle he never finished, and a lamp he made.
dads cradle 2.jpeg
dads cradle 2.jpeg
dads cradle 1.jpeg
dads cradle 2.jpeg
dads lamp.jpeg
dads cradle 2.jpegdads cradle 1.jpegdads lamp.jpeg

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you for sharing your fathers excellent work. An important part of preparing to sell your father's tools is to have somebody check them and evaluate the condition and to ensure that all the parts and accessories are together. We can help. Our group has this ability. Lets talk and sort this out. I can be reached at 919-427-9743

JoyMac

New User
JoyMac
Your Father's talent is GREAT!
I wish I would have met him - much to learn from talented people like that!

We can help with your Father's equipment, depending on what help you are looking for. (pricing etc. there is even a forum to sell tools here on NCWW, but you have to jump through a few hoops to do that.) I am sure there will be people interested in his carving tools and others in the machinery and wood.
What are the hoops? I knew I couldn't automatically begin selling but wasn't sure of how to get there.

JoyMac

New User
JoyMac
Thank you for sharing your fathers excellent work. An important part of preparing to sell your father's tools is to have somebody check them and evaluate the condition and to ensure that all the parts and accessories are together. We can help. Our group has this ability. Lets talk and sort this out. I can be reached at 919-427-9743
I'll call tomorrow sometime. I have pics of carving and lathe tools, but there are more I need to assemble. We have sold a lathe, planers and some of the lathe tools and a whole lot of walnut slabs (wish I'd contacted this site sooner!).

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
What are the hoops? I knew I couldn't automatically begin selling but wasn't sure of how to get there.
You are on the right path - Phil will help you - he the right contact!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just spoke with Joy and it seems she has already sold most of the machinery and is now down to hand tools.
Here are some photos. I anything jumps at you reply on this thread
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

wooduser

New User
Lecil
I don’t know if I’m jealous or envious but I am certainly in awe of your father‘s talent and skill. I hope someone else in your family is carrying on with his heritage.
Lecil

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Joy:

Very sorry for your loss. Your Dad had lots of talent. I am sure with Phil's help you can find new homes for most of the items. Hopefully at places that will enjoy them as much as your father did.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Hi Joy - condolences on the passing of your father. It is wonderful to see photos of his work, both the finished and the unfinished. Hopefully the tools find a good home.

-Mark

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS