New IoT "tool for hand tool woodworkers

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Actually this would be a pretty cool addon to lots of tools, and good way to track usage and wear and tear on blades. (and yes, I know it's an April fools joke)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Big deal. The jack plane I bought 5-6 years ago already had Bluetooth. It actually measures the resistance/ chatter and the blue LED flashes when it's time to sharpen. Although I suppose an aftermarket solution is useful for older hand tools.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
HaHaHa This bring in a whole new meaning to the term "Stroke Artist" !

LOL !!! ......... I blame St Gregory for this day..........

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
April fools day was a result of the calendar adjustment made from switching from the Roman (Julian) calendar to the Gregorian calendar, causing a shift and just jumping from the current Julian date to April 1st when they converted to the Gregorian calender in the late 1500's ......... Surprisingly, it took almost 3 centuries to get all the European countries to convert to the common calendar we all take for granted. All that is left is the April fools day

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
So who do we blame for the variance between 28 and 31 days? Feb. should be 30, and 31 on a leap year. I'll fix these things when you all make me dictator of the universe for a day. Right along with the blue spectrum headlights. Only want one day. Give me two and I will be trying to figure out how to get three.

OK, here is the important question: Are all the "star date's" correct in respect to each other through all the series and movies? Was it arrogant to use days and hours in a "federation of planets". I think they missed some opportunity for humor by not messing with clocks. Just think what fun it could have been if one race spoke 25% faster and another slower? A Klingon with the same rough language but two octaves higher! Twitchy in Hoodwinked.

I bought a digital tach to put on my drill press so I remember what speed it is running. But now I find I am too lazy and just run it at about 600 almost all the time. I really only need a 3-speed. Slow, Medium, Fast. I would not need a readout for that. If it was a CNC production speed, then the exact speed and force would be critical for hole precision and bit wear, but gee, even the metal work I do is horseshoes and hand grenades. Excuse for a Nova? 4 presets? :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS