Paper towel holder

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Tired of re-rolling the paper towel roll after trying to tear off just one, I looked on YouTube for an idea and found the germ of this design. Most solutions still used a spindle but I did not. This is an ugly proof of concept model from some melamine board scraps but it works better than I expected.
30F8DB68-A146-4C4B-90B6-E17FE48CF707.jpeg

A double chamfer on the back of the friction strip. The friction strip lifts out for reloading a towel roll.
1721FBFF-5EAF-4344-BC31-C810412AF8A5.jpeg

Installed above my workbench. Now, I can reliably get a single sheet with absolutely no re-rolling.
7D4D4E8B-BD57-4962-8DB9-F611DDBA3C7A.jpeg

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I like that a lot better than the spindle design - I salvaged one off something and put it above the utility sink... well you KNOW what happened next... AND it is always hanging down on the faucet when you are trying to wash something! - next project!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Maybe it would be simpler if you moved north just a little bit--or not......
NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!
Gas is higher, food prices are higher, housing (where I would likely live) is higher...
and then there is the thought of moving all my CRAP!

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
A couple of mods done before installing. Thinned the drag bar from 7/8” to 1/2” to get a proper weight. Cut most of the front away leaving just tabs for retaining the drag bar (similar to the prototype).
D0F2A8B3-5807-48AA-A725-70E297C4A8C4.jpeg

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I REALLY like that design - mine is over the sink and when the paper unrolls...
So I think I will build this as soon as the "Shop roll" that I bought at TSC runs out!
(my solution was to get sucked into the loop of spending money on something that I would have to spend more money on to refill in the future! :rolleyes:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS