A music box

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
20210220_144348.jpg
20210220_144340.jpg

This was started before Christmas (fast huh?) I had the finger joints for the sides and fit but lost interest. The top and bottom were roughed out but I didn't know if I wanted to use them so it sat out in the shop in the cold until today. The music box was scrounged from an older cheap store bought piece of junk but it works fine.
This is a gift for my grand niece who will likely destroy it. We shall see.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Fred, as always, your work is beautiful! I was wondering what you are using as the music movement?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred, as always, your work is beautiful! I was wondering what you are using as the music movement?
It's one I salvaged from another box I found. They are available everywhere but the on off switch is sold separately on most.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
It's one I salvaged from another box I found. They are available everywhere but the on off switch is sold separately on most.

Fred, I'm sure that music box with bring a sparkle to your grand nieces' eye. Fantastic work as always.

I know your talent has taken many decades of practice to perfect. That was apparent to me when I had the awesome opportunity to work with you in your shop, building kitchen cabinets.

Edit...
I wanted to say Thank You again Fred for being an awesome teacher. I still to this day use much of what you probably didn't realize you taught me.

Now go and get a bigger hat size, because your head just grew at least one size :)

Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred, I'm sure that music box with bring a sparkle to your grand nieces' eye. Fantastic work as always.

I know your talent has taken many decades of practice to perfect. That was apparent to me when I had the awesome opportunity to work with you in your shop, building kitchen cabinets.

Edit...
I wanted to say Thank You again Fred for being an awesome teacher. I still to this day use much of what you probably didn't realize you taught me.

Now go and get a bigger hat size, because your head just grew at least one size :)
My head is just fine, however my Butt seems to be growing. Wonder what that means.... :rolleyes: Thanks Jeff.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
My head is just fine, however my Butt seems to be growing. Wonder what that means.... :rolleyes: Thanks Jeff.

I think that's called old age

Dude before the move to the farm in the middle of July. I was 210 lbs, now I'm still 180 lbs, even after the holidays. I actually had to go out an buy new jeans 2 waist sizes smaller, because my old jeans kept falling off my butt.

Who need a gym, when you have a farm? Come visit me, I can guarantee you one fine workout each and every day, FOR FREE!

Seriously though, you really should come visit for deer, duck and goose season. We could sit on the roof of the barn and you would go home loaded with meat. Just bring lots of BIG coolers! Don't bother bringing food or rifles or ammo, I got you covered. Don't forget to pay the state of illinois, for the privilege.

Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I think that's called old age

Dude before the move to the farm in the middle of July. I was 210 lbs, now I'm still 180 lbs, even after the holidays. I actually had to go out an buy new jeans 2 waist sizes smaller, because my old jeans kept falling off my butt.

Who need a gym, when you have a farm? Come visit me, I can guarantee you one fine workout each and every day, FOR FREE!

Seriously though, you really should come visit for deer, duck and goose season. We could sit on the roof of the barn and you would go home loaded with meat. Just bring lots of BIG coolers! Don't bother bringing food or rifles or ammo, I got you covered. Don't forget to pay the state of illinois, for the privilege.
might take you up on that if we ever get back to some sort of normal. i got your number if you havent changed it. if so send me the new one.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS