Book WANTED: Infill Planes: Spiers Norris Mathieson Preston

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am not sure how good this book is. It comes from a You Tube recommendation.
I was wondering if anyone had it and would be willing to loan it for a month so I can determine if it is worth the money...

1613747640621.png

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rex Krueger? It's in my Amazon cart, waiting for me to pull the trigger.

Edit: That was a lie. I thought I added it earlier this week

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rex Krueger? It's in my Amazon cart, waiting for me to pull the trigger.

Edit: That was a lie. I thought I added it earlier this week
Ding, ding, ding! when he said it was "cheap" and I stopped and looked and then he wrote in the notes that it was higher than he remembered - I said "uh huh" out loud!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
doesn't work - seems to "spam" me to another site to sign up for something else....
That's not "Spam". Spam is "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the internet to a large number of recipients."
It's a redirection to get you to sign up. There is a 7 day free trial so you can just sign up and cancel when you get the book.
It's a good idea to have a separate account set up for things like that. I do it all the time with no harmful side effects.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That's not "Spam". Spam is "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the internet to a large number of recipients."
It's a redirection to get you to sign up. There is a 7 day free trial so you can just sign up and cancel when you get the book.
It's a good idea to have a separate account set up for things like that. I do it all the time with no harmful side effects.
I wanted me to buy a media streaming service for $1 / month, but it didn't seem like it was going to give me access to the media website...
I tired again and I am now signed up for a 7 day trial of an on-line fitness site 7.99 / month after that - I cancelled, but suspect I will be fighting that one for a few months... never got back to the media site...
I guess I have wasted more than $42 at this point...

Last edited:

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
Hank, I would be surprised if the UNC library in Chapel Hill didn’t have the book. I found a copy of a pretty rare and expensive woodworking book in UNC’s library, the library card cost like $20 ish and I got to see how good the book was, before I actually bought the book.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, I would be surprised if the UNC library in Chapel Hill didn’t have the book. I found a copy of a pretty rare and expensive woodworking book in UNC’s library, the library card cost like $20 ish and I got to see how good the book was, before I actually bought the book.
and that is what is weird - I have gotted UNC Chapel Hill books before through ILL (inter library loan) but this time it was a quick denial " We have exhausted all possible sources." within 3 hours... kindof weird as I have waited two weeks in the past for a positive or negative result!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
As near as I can figure, his books are self-published through Amazon
O.K. that would explain why it isn't available elsewhere - probably sliding toward Mike Davis' suggestion and paying for a kindle book...

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That would probably be a better idea than listening to my stupid idea!
Hope it doesn't cause you too much aggravation.
Hey, I was game - not your fault! I wonder if there is a rabbet hole award?!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS