HVLP Gun Between Coats

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
The issue is if paint gums on the needle or orifice is partially blocked you get a bad pattern.

I just partially depress trigger that sprays only air. Take apart when session is over.

Forgot to do it one time, next day gun still worked fine.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
The issue is if paint gums on the needle or orifice is partially blocked you get a bad pattern.

I just partially depress trigger that sprays only air. Take apart when session is over.

Forgot to do it one time, next day gun still worked fine.
That depends on the design of the fluid tip and the needle. On the more expensive guns, the needle completely clears or cleans the fluid tip path when the trigger is released. Also the last part of trigger release is clean air only which clears the needle.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I also use the DeKup system on my Devilbus Finishline 4 plus both my Sprayit guns. While the liners are disposable the real advantage to me is I keep several full of the finishes that I use the most - Mohawk Buffcoat and Target 8000
Plus I keep one full of water and another full of lacquer solvent to flush the guns.
Between coats, even if that is going to be overnight, I leave the finish in the gun and if I remember I spin off the air cap and place that in a small dish of solvent or water - this is to keep the air passages clean
When the job is complete I removed the finish cup and store it - if it is below half full I normally fill it up and store it full. To clean the gun for waterborne products I install the cup of water and spray it thru. For solvent products I install the cup for of solvent, disconnect the air and let the solvent flow through the gun. And is a great tip that Willemjm showed me - the solvent goes directly back into a gallon of solvent that is marked for cleaning only. There is no wasted solvent and no need to blow a cup full into the air.
Try it - you will find this process to less than two minutes

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I also use the DeKup system on my Devilbus Finishline 4 plus both my Sprayit guns. While the liners are disposable the real advantage to me is I keep several full of the finishes that I use the most - Mohawk Buffcoat and Target 8000
Plus I keep one full of water and another full of lacquer solvent to flush the guns.
Between coats, even if that is going to be overnight, I leave the finish in the gun and if I remember I spin off the air cap and place that in a small dish of solvent or water - this is to keep the air passages clean
When the job is complete I removed the finish cup and store it - if it is below half full I normally fill it up and store it full. To clean the gun for waterborne products I install the cup of water and spray it thru. For solvent products I install the cup for of solvent, disconnect the air and let the solvent flow through the gun. And is a great tip that Willemjm showed me - the solvent goes directly back into a gallon of solvent that is marked for cleaning only. There is no wasted solvent and no need to blow a cup full into the air.
Try it - you will find this process to less than two minutes
Phil,
When this PAN-Dumbic-thingy is over would you consider doing another finishing / spraying class?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS