Free Saw Stop Miter Gauge

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
Howdy! Santa brought me a new upgraded miter gauge (didn't know he had a sub-contract with Jessem!). So I have the original miter gauge that came with my table saw last year. Just PM me, thanks!

Jeff

striker

New User
Stephen
Just a suggestion, I'd hang on to it and if you have specific job you do frequently leave it set up for it. Ie. 45 for picture frames. add a custom fence.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just a suggestion, I'd hang on to it and if you have specific job you do frequently leave it set up for it. Ie. 45 for picture frames. add a custom fence.
I was thinking the same thing! I have three (usually unused since I have been concentrating on hand work for the past few years, but they REALLY come in handy when you need multiple set-ups...

striker

New User
Stephen
I was thinking the same thing! I have three (usually unused since I have been concentrating on hand work for the past few years, but they REALLY come in handy when you need multiple set-ups...
I have little crappy POS mitre gage I thought I had thrown out but low and behold I was looking for something to use on my bandsaw when I ran into it. Was a great find considering 90% of the time I buy something for a specific purpose and it vaporizes before I use it.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
My shop is testament to the philosophy of never throwing away a potentially useful tool - or something you could make it from.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
My shop is testament to the philosophy of never throwing away a potentially useful tool - or something you could make it from.
Laughing, because that is my excuse too!

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I second that ! But seriously, you can use the glide bar on other things like setting up a sliding table for calibrating with a dial caliper

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone. I never thought of just dialing it in for 45 and keeping it set. I'll attach a wooden fence and be all set. Thanks!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Thanks everyone. I never thought of just dialing it in for 45 and keeping it set. I'll attach a wooden fence and be all set. Thanks!
Make yourself a 45 degree sliding table, using bar as runner. This way, you never have to check and make sure it's a 45. Back when I was building cabinets, often I would need to put a work space shelf on the wall, complete with knee braces. Still have my 45 degree sled today.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS