OK, I like Gizmo tools BUT .....

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
that's $699.99 to make ONLY 25 pencils. or in other words you would have to charge $28 per pencil to recoup your initial investment.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I didn't have a basis for how long it would take to make a pencil so I couldn't calculate labor. But I think getting someone to pay $28 for a pencil is impossible much less them paying over $28

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I didn't have a basis for how long it would take to make a pencil so I couldn't calculate labor. But I think getting someone to pay $28 for a pencil is impossible much less them paying over $28
Well...
1609793189607.png

https://www.amazon.com/rOtring-Retr...ocphy=9010658&hvtargid=pla-353470021092&psc=1

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I stand corrected...or actually sit corrected. That pencil better have all the right answers. I took board drawing in high school and college and worked in an architectural firm for years and never saw anyone buy a pencil that expensive. wow

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
The latest is cool, but does anyone really need a jig that makes pencils ? that costs 700 buckaroos !?!?!

I believe it may also make chop sticks in case that sways your opinion ;) .

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I stand corrected...or actually sit corrected. That pencil better have all the right answers. I took board drawing in high school and college and worked in an architectural firm for years and never saw anyone buy a pencil that expensive. wow
The only reason I know is that Jim Hendricks used parts of a rotring in his marking gauge and I was shocked at the price.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
To me I envision a bunch of fortune 500 people on a weekend retreat and this is a culmination of thier stay, they get to make a pencil and pay 5000.00 for the weekend experience

:rolleyes: :oops::D

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here's an online class for making pencils. It's a bargain at $145. You leave at the end with three pencils. I can think of worse ways to spend a couple of hours.

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
Just saw a facebook ad for "the greatest pencil on earth"
$200......
And the ad says it's REALLY worth it... in bold letters so you know they mean it! And it's "heirloom quality"
Modern fuel.com.

Unbelievable.....

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
My favorite pencil story is how the NASA spent millions of dollars to make a pencil that would write in space in any position The Russians ??? Well they just used a pencil!!!:D
Sorry, pencils are dangerous in space (shavings are flammable, graphite is a conductor) so pens are the only choice
The Fisher space pen was developed for about $1 million but expense was footed by the Parker company and they (still) sell well

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS