I've never seen one of these

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Antique Hand Crank Scroll Saw - $75 (Wilmington)

1609463736837.png

It seems like it would be unwieldy to use unless you had a tireless helper.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
The crank looks like a later add, this has a groove that appears to be sized for leather round. That tells me this probably, was originally designed to be foot pedal driven like a sewing machine.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Vintage 1920's Delta hand cranked scroll saw.... It's awesome. Not sure how well it works but definitely cool.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
The crank looks like a later add, this has a groove that appears to be sized for leather round. That tells me this probably, was originally designed to be foot pedal driven like a sewing machine.
My wife's grandfather had a WWing shop and he had a treadle scroll saw, akin to a treadle sewing machine in operation, I believe. The pulley is a giveaway to this possibly being a convertible/conversion from such a unit.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Nope... Delta Specialty Tool Company hand crank saw.

20210101_112038.jpg

I've seen one before... Near Wilmington if I recall correctly. The seller wanted a lot of money for it.

My wife's grandfather had a WWing shop and he had a treadle scroll saw, akin to a treadle sewing machine in operation, I believe. The pulley is a giveaway to this possibly being a convertible/conversion from such a unit.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Actually the pulley was there for the option of attaching to a sewing machine base to add foot power. The handle was standard. Not for detailed work such as we see coming off the modern scroll saws.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
They sold an optional motor kit kit for it... not sure about the treadle idea. Either way it's not a conversion.

20210101_124429.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS