--SOLD -- NOVA 23055 SUPERNOVA 2 CHUCK - $125

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I won the SuperNova 2 chuck in this year's raffle! Only two minor problems:
  1. I don't turn
  2. I don't turn
(Technically, this is the same problem, but I thought it was important enough to mention twice.) So rather than having this beautiful hunk of metal sit unused on a shelf for the next 10 years, here's a golden opportunity for all your spinny/turny/ twisty folks. I'm selling the chuck for the low low low price of $125. While supplies last. One item per customer. Offer not valid in all states (such as confusion).

Now you too can make beautiful bowls, vases, and pens. All you need is this chuck, a lathe, wood, gouges, chisels, slow speed grinder, jigs, face shield, calipers, shop space, and half a dozen other items (see why I don't turn?)

But wait! There's more! If you buy it now (or tomorrow...or sometime next Wednesday...it really doesn't matter), I will donate $25 to NCWW. Never before have you had such an opportunity to be both cheap AND generous at the same time.

Pickup in North Raleigh.

81A0pDdBTiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you go to Klingspors to buy this, you'll spend double the price that Bas is offering it here

Reactions: Bas

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Want to trade a shop bot training certificate lol

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Inserts are available for different threads

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Which version is it? I've been looking at the 1 1/4 direct thread for my DVR XP.
Turns out there's an older model and a newer model. Best I can tell this is the newer model. It does NOT come with a threaded insert. There are some variants of the kit that include an insert, this is not one of them.

JBourne

New User
Jeff
I won the SuperNova 2 chuck in this year's raffle! Only two minor problems:
  1. I don't turn
  2. I don't turn
(Technically, this is the same problem, but I thought it was important enough to mention twice.) So rather than having this beautiful hunk of metal sit unused on a shelf for the next 10 years, here's a golden opportunity for all your spinny/turny/ twisty folks. I'm selling the chuck for the low low low price of $125. While supplies last. One item per customer. Offer not valid in all states (such as confusion).

Now you too can make beautiful bowls, vases, and pens. All you need is this chuck, a lathe, wood, gouges, chisels, slow speed grinder, jigs, face shield, calipers, shop space, and half a dozen other items (see why I don't turn?)

But wait! There's more! If you buy it now (or tomorrow...or sometime next Wednesday...it really doesn't matter), I will donate $25 to NCWW. Never before have you had such an opportunity to be both cheap AND generous at the same time.

Pickup in North Raleigh.

81A0pDdBTiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Bas
Very interested !
Is this the 1 1/4 X 8 OR the insert type, it should say on the box.
Thanks

Jeff Bourne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Bas
Very interested !
Is this the 1 1/4 X 8 OR the insert type, it should say on the box.
Thanks

Jeff Bourne
It doesn't say either one on the box. Under Standard Equipment it lists "Note: Insert/ adaptor sold separately. Please see our attached chart for the proper insert". So I assume it's the insert type.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
You will need an insert for this chuck, as it appears to be native as 1.5" on the inside (I still have one to be claimed from one of the winners).

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Not sure, but my experience is a Nova chuck fits on a Nova lathe with no adapters needed, but if you're putting it on something else, you'll need an adapter. I have a Nova lathe...and chucks galore. Don't really need another one.

awldune

Sam
User
Not sure, but my experience is a Nova chuck fits on a Nova lathe with no adapters needed, but if you're putting it on something else, you'll need an adapter. I have a Nova lathe...and chucks galore. Don't really need another one.

This is not true for my Nova lathe. I don't think the insert version of their chucks is intended to 'natively' fit on any lathe.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
This is not true for my Nova lathe. I don't think the insert version of their chucks is intended to 'natively' fit on any lathe.

Well, I said I wasn't sure, but I have a Nova chuck that does fit native on my lathe, so guess they've changed over the years. I bought mine about 10 to 12 years ago... I'll say that is one thing that I didn't like about the nova stuff though, I've got other lathe's that my chucks have to use an adapter on.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Well, I said I wasn't sure, but I have a Nova chuck that does fit native on my lathe, so guess they've changed over the years. I bought mine about 10 to 12 years ago... I'll say that is one thing that I didn't like about the nova stuff though, I've got other lathe's that my chucks have to use an adapter on.
And unlike Philip, my case is like Sam's: I have a Nova lathe and I did need an insert for my Nova chuck (the smaller one, not the SuperNova).

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS