Random Discovery at Home Depot Hawaii

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I was shopping at Home Depot in Hilo and discovered something I never saw before.

Home Depot carries Oak, Poplar, Birch, Maple, Mahogany and Walnut plywood. Don't know if this is seasonal or what, just 1st time i have ever seen such a selection.

Most regular plywood here is Borate treated for termite resistance. A 5/8 sheet of CDX is 42 bucks, but 3/4 Maple was 53 bucks a sheet. Got the Maple. Anyway, pretty interesting find.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Interesting. All I've ever seen here in HD or Lowe's is birch veneer or red oak veneer. How many plys was the Maple?

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
My local HD carries Columbia Forest PureBond in oak, maple, and birch. I think they carried walnut a few years ago.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
All of the ply looks like a 7 ply, weird. The ply base is typical same sph core kind of wood and just the hard wood veneer.

23tony

New User
Tony
I remember seeing a pretty good selection at HD in Knightdale last time I was there, but that's been awhile. Not as good a selection in Wake Forest. They call them "Project Panels" - just look up plywood project panels on the site and you'll see a selection.

Red oak. maple, walnut, aromatic cedar, mahogany - but very little store stock, pretty much all ship-to-store

Herdfan2005

New User
Jason
I remember seeing a pretty good selection at HD in Knightdale last time I was there, but that's been awhile. Not as good a selection in Wake Forest. They call them "Project Panels" - just look up plywood project panels on the site and you'll see a selection.

Red oak. maple, walnut, aromatic cedar, mahogany - but very little store stock, pretty much all ship-to-store

Right now Knightdale has the Pine, Purebond Birch and Maple and Sande. In the hardwoods sections they carry Poplar and Oak. One back in Massachusetts carried the same plywood but also had Maple in the hardwoods.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS