Brand New Freud Dial-a-Width (SD 608) Dado Set...Outstanding Deal (SOLD)

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Okay, I have had this particular item for sale for awhile and unfortunately, it hasn't found a new home. The set is brand new (I paid $240), but it does not fit on my arbor...I own a SawStop and the arbor is too short. I am not sure why SawStop opted for a seemingly non-standard arbor length, perhaps it is associated with its safety mechanism; nonetheless, for those that can use it, the Dial-a-Width gets excellent reviews. I am will to part with it for $140...it has never been used!

wooduser

New User
Lecil
I have the 8” version of this dado set and couldn’t use it on my craftsman cabinet type table saw. I complained to Freud about this enough and they sent me the conversion accessories for a stacked dado set. They couldn’t tell me what saw this was designed for or why they didn’t tell you the minimum arbor length required on the packaging. I even went to Klingspor’s in Winston-Salem and Hans or the other people in the store couldn’t find what saw was able to handle this product. Great idea but poor follow thru on Freud’s part.

Lecil

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I have heard the same thing. Why throw a very useful tool out the window? This is what happens when the government keeps you safe like it or not.

Pop :(

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
Okay, I have had this particular item for sale for awhile and unfortunately, it hasn't found a new home. The set is brand new (I paid $240), but it does not fit on my arbor...I own a SawStop and the arbor is too short. I am not sure why SawStop opted for a seemingly non-standard arbor length, perhaps it is associated with its safety mechanism; nonetheless, for those that can use it, the Dial-a-Width gets excellent reviews. I am will to part with it for $140...it has never been used!
I read one woodworker puts the left side adjustable blade on the right side of the blades, leaves off the right side of the stack, and uses the large washer to secure. I have the same dado set and will just use a narrower stack and make two cuts on those rare times I need a wider dado. I love not having to deal with shims. I also read that this dado stack is actually a little more than 8" in diameter so the distance between the blades and the brake need to be adjusted to prevent an inadvertent crash.

Reactions: drw

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Had an early morning email from Michael Mathews expressing his interest...assuming stack fits his arbor, Michael has dibs. Thanks to others who have expressed interest. I have learned that there is a price point where we go from no interest to lots of interest.;)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS