Folding Worktable?

cmarzahn

New User
Chuck
I'm thinking of building a worktable/assembly table with a twist.

Or rather, a fold.

Instead of a 4x6 work surface it would have two 2x6 sections that run 12 feet along the wall and can be pulled out, folded together and locked to make the 4x6 workspace. Thinking of building the router table and maybe a couple other tools into the surface.

Anyone seen anything like that anywhere?

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I made this base back in 2012 when I saw it in a woodworking magazine, I also made a 3x6 top that fits on it and hangs on the wall with French cleat.
Workshop 03.jpgWorkshop 01.jpg
This version is pretty cool, wish I spoke French.

Last edited:

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
You might look at a Ron Paulk design for a portable work bench. His design is based on 2-2'x8' sections that bolt together to make a 4 x 8 workbench. One of his versions has a router built in. His bases are saw horses, for mobility, but you could build permanent bases on rollers. Just a thought.

cmarzahn

New User
Chuck
You might look at a Ron Paulk design for a portable work bench. His design is based on 2-2'x8' sections that bolt together to make a 4 x 8 workbench. One of his versions has a router built in. His bases are saw horses, for mobility, but you could build permanent bases on rollers. Just a thought.
Yessir! That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Thanks so much!

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Thanks, didn't know what a Parf system was until now; but no, I laid out a grid with my drywall square and punched the holes with a HSS 3/4" spiral router bit from MLCS. Not knowing how many holes I could get with a non carbide bit, I ordered 3 @ $14.00 ea.
Only needed one and still could have bored another hundred holes!
I placed the router table and fence where I thought best for me and built dust baffles between the top/bottom.
BTW, tracksaw clamps work well on this table as I can slip the metal leg easily into any hole and clamp a workpiece.
I have never felt the need to bolt the halves together, even though I did cut the holes. Heaviest part of the table is the vise!

cmarzahn

New User
Chuck
Thanks. The idea is to have it as a short, sort of, counter against the garage wall. Then roll it out to use both halves as an assembly table. I surely like that Paulk design. Even has the tools built in.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS