Direct Tools (Smithfield and Mebane) Outlet Sales

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Incredible deals at the Direct Tools store (DirectToolsOutlet Site | Homepage) on Rigid tools, in store only. 75% to 90% off drills and other 18V and 12V and corded tools. Stock varies from store to store. Stopped by today (6/14) and picked up some tools missing from my collection. Factory Blemish tools as well as refurbished items. Deals on Ryobi tools too. I'm a fan of Rigid with their lifetime warranty. Not sure when sale ends.

edit: fix store name :)

Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
EDIT - I now see Daniel's comment IN STORE ONLY - which explains why I don't see it on the website. END Edit

SO Daniel - seems there is the regular stuff there (on website). I certainly don't see anything 75-90% off in the cordless drills etc dept, except maybe a Ryobi corded hammer drill for $15 (not sure that was cordless). Is there more there than what is shown on the website?
I might be in the market for some of this type of stuff (impact drivers, cordless, especially at 75-90% off), and am not afraid to drive from Raleigh for savings (on a rainy day) but that drive is not worth it for what i see on the website.
Do you recall better prices than what is shown?
THanks

Last edited:

djyoungcity

djyoungcity
Corporate Member
Mebane store re opened. It was open as of last November. I picked up some ryobi cordless 18 ga nail guns for $65 last fall.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I give up where? In the outlet mall? I could use a 1/2 inch Ridgid drill as I have the 18V driver.

djyoungcity

djyoungcity
Corporate Member
The Mebane store was in the old Pyrex/Tupperware store, at the very back of the outlets.

According to the official map online, it doesn't appear to be there anymore. But it was there Fall of 2019 for sure.
It was where the Lane Bryant Outlet is on the online map:

The directtoolsoutlet store finder also does not show it anymore. Ill stop next time im headed that way and see if its still there. They always had good deals on all sorts of stuff

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
PM me if you are interested in something specific. I am likely headed there around noon (given the lovely steady rain today...)

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Thanks for the heads up Daniel. I went today and picked up some deals at clearance type prices (or low Craigslist prices) on some things. Several combo sets of cordless Ryobi One+ 18V stuff - mostly to get access to cordless circular saw, but also sawsall, and multi-tool (oscillating tool). Working on a ladder sometimes means those tools would be much more convenient in cordless versions. Routine usage I expect to used corded versions primarily. If I wear these out I will buy better ones, but really expect just occasional use (except the impact driver - which I use all the time).
Deals included:
- a 1 gallon compressor (cordless!) for those occasional uses of a few pieces of trim $15 - only display of that one there when I left. I expect that will chew up a battery quickly.
- 6 piece combo kit with small circ saw, drill, impact driver, light and oscillating saw with 2 batts and charger for $60. They had s a few of these packages left.
- hammer drill and jigsaw with 2 batts and charger $35 (can't buy 2 batts for that price). Don't rush there to pick that deal up, as I bought the display model.
and some other accessories. They had corded hammer drills for about $15.(shown on the web).

Store there is almost exclusively Ryobi, with about 15% Ridgid stuff.

It was worth my trip today - maybe this rain will stop sometime this week? I can't keep shopping!

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Store there is almost exclusively Ryobi, with about 15% Ridgid stuff.

It was worth my trip today - maybe this rain will stop sometime this week? I can't keep shopping!

It was about 40% Rigid until I went shopping there Sunday, and return trip today.... and return again cause I forgot to get something, but the store is heavily out of the deals at this point. I only bought Ridgid items since they typically have a lifetime warranty (including batteries when bought in a kit) and the best deals were on Ridgid items (except for a baby leaf blower and a $10 radio which are Ryobi). I bought a few display model drills (18V and 2 different 12V kits) for my business partner, $10 for a 12V drill, battery and charger. As I told the guy at the counter at that price I won't stress if I leave it behind at a jobsite. I picked up tools that will be nice to have that I would never pay full retail for. $35 for a 7" cordless grinder. I did get a tripod for $10 that I bought at clearance for $44 from Home Depot a few weeks ago, I've already returned the $44 one today.

Now time to sort and figure out where to put and store everything I picked up!

I've started registering them on Ridgid's website, most of what I bought were factory blemish so they are supposed to have lifetime warranty. We'll see if they accept them since the price was so discounted.

Manager thinks they were clearing out the Ridgid inventory since sales are down due to Covid shutdown and warehouses are backed up with inventory they need to get out, so they needed the room in the stores ASAP.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Ridgid has NEVER offered a Lifetime Warranty. They offer a lifetime service agreement (LSA.) This means they will fix, or replace your tool if it fails. Now when a tool, or battery is replaced, you have to register the new one just like you did for the original ones. When registered, PRINT OUT your "dashboard," as they tend to develop amnesia. DAMHIK!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Ridgid and Ryoby are both "spec" brands for Home Depot.

I do need a new battery for my old 3/8 drill. Back in Maryland, they made me turn in both batteries and the charger for "testing". BS, but eventually gave me a new battery.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS