Help needed

Skymaster

New User
Jack
If anyone uses a laser engraving machine, I need HELP with the software side. Bought it for the urn project but cannot get a handle of the blasted software. Also any suggestion for a good program. Using grbl right now but it is greek to me. I am NOT a software guru to say the least.
Thanks jack

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
It would help to know the manufacturer of your laser. The Glowforge that I use, has its own software. Other manufacturers use different methods.
Also what is the name of stated - "blasted software"?

Ken

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Like Ken mentioned, it would help greatly knowing what laser you have. I have a 50W CO2 laser (generic no brand name from china) and it uses RDWorks software, which is free. RDWorks is only compatible with certain lasers, based on what controller board it uses. There is a youtuber, Sarbar Multimedia, that has TONS of tutorial videos on how to use RDWorks. Lightburn is another popular software for the chinese C02 lasers like the K40's, but it's not free.

I have a smaller laser (2000mw diode laser) that uses Benbox, which is a complete pain to use (and defaults to chinese when starting it up).

I don't have experience with grbl, but from the website it sounds geared more towards the CNC world.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
eleksmaker, diodelaser. Trying, inkscape.,lightburn, Am not strong computer geek, I need to make a file for each branch, save said file so I just have to bring up the file for the branch, hit GO :}:}:} The only change in the program/file would be the emblem art work as ALL functions would be the same

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
eleksmaker, diodelaser. Trying, inkscape.,lightburn, Am not strong computer geek, I need to make a file for each branch, save said file so I just have to bring up the file for the branch, hit GO :}:}:} The only change in the program/file would be the emblem art work as ALL functions would be the same

We do all our design work for our sign company in Corel, which many lasers have a direct link with, but we can also save in plenty of formats for other software to use. I'm assuming you have the files already in some format, you can send me the files and I can see if get them in a vector format for ease of use for you.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I dont have files but what is needed is the seals, they are online i am searching as we speak, my dream is a basic file where all i have to do is change the seal. The format is .svg

MichaelSC

New User
Michael
I use inkscape.
Inkscape has a G-code add on, to create the g-code.
Use Gcode sender to send the file to GRBL.

Or,
open the file in Inkscape (free program), it has an add on to create G-code.
save the g-code file, then using G-code sender send it to GRBL.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS