Woodmaster 725 drumsander

shawn

New User
shawn
I recently purchased the drum sander attachment for my woodmaster planer. It came with a roll of mirka 80 and 120 grit paper. I was impressed with the performance of the paper. What do you use and where do you buy it? I want to buy bulk rolls online.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
I recently purchased the drum sander attachment for my woodmaster planer. It came with a roll of mirka 80 and 120 grit paper. I was impressed with the performance of the paper. What do you use and where do you buy it? I want to buy bulk rolls online.

Klingspor

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Klingspor, You should try it and compare to the Mirka stuff. You might find you don't go back! And no, we don't work for Klingspor! But we use the stuff because we've been around the block and we've seen the light! It's great stuff! It outlasts anything I've put up against it!

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I have a Woodmaster 26" Drum Sander and have used the 6" width sand paper from Klingspor's for many years. I make my own 105" strips using stock from the 25 meter rolls. Here is a link to the available sizes and grits for your sander. One important thing to remember: the drum sander cannot take the "bite" that your planer can -- be careful to take thin passes so you do not burn up the paper!

shawn

New User
shawn
Thanks for the replies. I've used stuff from some online suppliers on my 712. I've even used paper from HF. I was really impressed with the mirka. I'll give the klingspor a try.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
With your location you're going to be better off using Klingspore stuff (shipping). Around the Charlotte area the go-to place is Farris Belt & Saw. They are a full service conversion facility. That's meaning if it's something you can't find they will hand make for you. They also make hand made bandsaw blades. Anything from 3/16 to 3 in. Farris sells Whitesides Router bits, several mfg's saw blades and car sharpen anything. I mean anything! I have seen blades 5 in. wide X 6 ft. (straight) in the shop down to router bits. It's a family owned and run business. Personable, low cost and they aim to please.

Pop :cool:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS