This Deal Keeps Getting Worse!!!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
In another post, I told how the Battery Minder was on sale for $17.99 one month, and $29.99 the following month. Well the deal just got worse. In today's mail was Northern Sales catalogue, with same Battery Minder is now on sale for $39.99, plus shipping. Makes me glad I bought one for $17.99, less $5 off coupon ($12.99 + tax.) Same exact model, just price keeps going up, and up.

Last edited:

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
LOL ............ go figure ........... maybe it is the last year model and now, they have the new "and improved" one .......... which, btw, is the same as last year's model........ like I said, go figure

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Got a point a lot of our company's material costs have gone up 20-35% .......hmmmm

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure if it's tariffs or just profit taking at the end of the year.
I've had good results with the battery minders from HF and it's considerably less than that with their coupon.
BTW, I see the same thing with some of their "sale" items. Plastic saw horses were $7.99 with coupon and are now $8.99. I bought 4 a few months ago and they didn't even last a day on the job. Not on my list of HF gems........

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Not sure if it's tariffs or just profit taking at the end of the year.
I've had good results with the battery minders from HF and it's considerably less than that with their coupon.
BTW, I see the same thing with some of their "sale" items. Plastic saw horses were $7.99 with coupon and are now $8.99. I bought 4 a few months ago and they didn't even last a day on the job. Not on my list of HF gems........
Dennis, are you takng about HF's version of the BatteryMinder, or their 1 amp float chargers instead? They aren't the same. HF's version of the BatteryMinder was more expensive ( with coupon) than the genuine article. FYI, I own four (4) of the BatteryMinders. One is permenately attached to the battery on stand by generator, which has a battery that was made in 2008 (12 year old, one year warranted battery, hope I get my money's worth out of it..)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I have to ask, what is the difference in performance of the tender vs. the minder?
As far as I can tell it's who made / sold them. They both do the same thing, charge battery using high frequency pulses. Put on a set of AM head phones and go anywhere near one and you will know what I'm talking about.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
As far as I can tell it's who made / sold them. They both do the same thing, charge battery using high frequency pulses. Put on a set of AM head phones and go anywhere near one and you will know what I'm talking about.
That's okay. I can't get anything but static in my dad's old truck above 1190 Khz or 99.7Mhz anyways.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS