Need Switch Cover For Delta 10"Drill Press

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Where can a fellow get one of these?
20191218_124910.jpg

The 2 plastic flanges on the back broke earlier this week.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Your drill press will be a certain size like 10" or 12". Look at other Chinese-made drill presses of different brands like Jet, Grizzly, Harbor Freight, etc. Chances are, that plastic part is used on most of them. Store brands at the big box stores should have something to look at.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
cant you just glue it back on?
Tried that, but the flanges broke off as soon as the screw pressed them against the drill press body. I tried epoxying a piece of 1/8" plexi to the back of the cover; the plexi broke loose from the body.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Just replace the entire switch they are only 10-15 bucks
Now where would modern man be if we only tried the easy way out? ;)
The switch itself is OK.

All I can find are replacements for the switch itself, which does not include the cover (which I need to mount the switch to the drill press).

Last edited:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I did find the switch cover at Renovo Parts for $10.42, plus $10.72 for shipping and taxes :eek:

Last edited:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Your drill press will be a certain size like 10" or 12". Look at other Chinese-made drill presses of different brands like Jet, Grizzly, Harbor Freight, etc. Chances are, that plastic part is used on most of them. Store brands at the big box stores should have something to look at.
The outer shape matches in some cases, but the flanges are not in the correct spot, or the opening for the switch is wrong shape.

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
Where can a fellow get one of these?
The 2 plastic flanges on the back broke earlier this week.

Movers broke mine the same way. I was lucky enough to find the pieces and melt (solder iron) them back together. If it gets hit again, I am sure they will break, but for now it works.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
On a side note, the OEM screw was too short when mounting the box ( I had added a washer as well, to give a larger area of grip).

The first longer screw I tried was a tad too long. I saw this when I lowered the spindle, and it remained lowered. I didn't hear any metal-on-metal sound, though I noticed a bit more tension when lowering the spindle. I swapped that out for a shorter screw, and all is as it was.

The second screw that attached to switch housing was not used. I would have to cut away too much of the center "screw tube",and would have mangled the box.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Did you happen to make one of these before because I just broke mine and would love a new one

I saw a pic online, using an outlet box, and I based mine on that. The difficult part is getting the mounting holes lined up with the drill press. The blank cover for the box was too thin, breaking when I tried to drill and cut the switch opening.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS