Miter gauge - Recommendations

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I'm looking for a replacement miter gauge for my table saw.
I don't make a lot of cuts requiring super precise angles.
Basic use is a typical cross cut, 22.5 and 45 degree cuts.
Any recommendations from this group is always appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I have the Incra 1000.

1575648575682.png

I'm amazed how much they've gone up since I bought it 15 years ago. It looks like you could just mount a piece of MDF on their basic gauge:

1575648687756.png

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Osborne EB-3 is an excellent miter gauge, but not sure they are still available. Amazon shows them currently out of stock.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I have the Osborne EB-3 and would highly recommend it. I've had it for years and it's the best.

Red

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
This is what i have and I have been very happy with it.

I also have this miter gauge and it has worked great for many years. I no longer use it on my sliding table saw, but it works perfectly well on the router table and band saw.

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
I don’t have the Osborne but have always wanted one for almost no other reason than that’s what Norm used. They do still sell them. They have them on the shelf at the Cary Klingspor’s. I have an old JDS Accu-Miter that has served me pretty well. I bought a Dubby off of Facebook about 2 months ago for $50. Was still in the box they shipped it to him in. He bought it about 10 years ago and never used it. I keep meaning to set it up but never think about it when I’m in there.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I had an Incra and sold it because I didn't use it. Then when I sold my Jet TS and bought the vintage Delta, I need a miter gauge.
As a hoarder wanna be, I knew I should've kept it!
I'll check out other recommendations as well. May need to stop by Klingspor.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I have an Incra and Rockler. The Rockler moves slightly left to right and I have mever been able to adjust it properly. I also have an Incra in a crosscut sled. Awesome product but.....
My next major purchase will be to upgrade my Sawstop with the sliding table. It adds a level of safety and is much more heavy duty than any non-attached miter gauge. The only issue is the $1100 price. I keep trying to justify as the Incra crosscut sled and Miter gauge was about $300

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Anyone tried the Kreg version miter gauge? Looks similar to the Incra, but is less expensive. Reviews state it's a bit more involved to adjust and set angles.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I had the same question 2-3 years ago and received similar responses.

I was also looking for something basic and couldn’t justify the expense of a fancy aftermarket gauge. I ended up going with a factory delta miter gauge for mine that I bought on eBay for $30. I’ve been happy with it and it matches the “patina” of unisaw.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
A few years ago I bought a JessEm. I could never get adjusted square. I returned it and they gave me my money back. Wonderful customer service. I then bought an Incra 1000HD. Love it! For me it's a little over kill, but I have all the accuracy I'll ever need.

Pop

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I bought the MiterSet gauges, and kept my 3 OEM Delta miter gauges. Easy to use and more accurate than I could have ever expected.

Charley

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I don’t have the Osborne but have always wanted one for almost no other reason than that’s what Norm used. They do still sell them. They have them on the shelf at the Cary Klingspor’s. I have an old JDS Accu-Miter that has served me pretty well. I bought a Dubby off of Facebook about 2 months ago for $50. Was still in the box they shipped it to him in. He bought it about 10 years ago and never used it. I keep meaning to set it up but never think about it when I’m in there.
You will "kick your back side" once you set up your Dubby, saying "Why didn't I do this years ago?" Be sure and watch DVD of how to set it up, plus Jerry's instructions on how to use the Dubby. Just for fun, make your self a seven sided frame.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS