Board Length

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
What length would you estimate for the two horizontal boards in this picture? If a coffee mug is 3-3/4" tall, I'd estimate 32". Then again, when I estimate these things, I get the opportunity to build them twice.

Coffee Mug Holder for Katie.jpg

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Take 5 of your coffee mugs and lay them out with spacing like that shown. Measure the length - adding just a bit on the ends.
Estimate that way, AND ensure that this piece fits where it is intended to hang.

Last edited:

RickR

Rick
Senior User
As cups vary greatly, my suggestion is to assume that it is made from 1X6 boards (5.25-5.5 inches wide) and scale accordingly. But we all know what happens when you assume.

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
What length would you estimate for the two horizontal boards in this picture? If a coffee mug is 3-3/4" tall, I'd estimate 32". Then again, when I estimate these things, I get the opportunity to build them twice.

View attachment 190484
Looking at picture, the inner of the two mugs on either end is even with edge of vertical member. Outer mug looks to be about 1/2" past edge of vertical member. Wood looks like 1 X 6 to me, meaning it's 5 1/2" wide, so mugs are spaced 6" OC. With half a space on each end, that makes horizontal member 30" long (3 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 +3 = 30.) Remember you can take my opinion and $0.68 and get a senior coffee, just make sure you have the $0.68. Shows what my opinion is worth, doesn't it?

Last edited:

gator

George
Corporate Member
agree with Henry W for best fit.
Tkae 5 of your coffee mugs and lay them out with spacing like that shown. Measure the length - adding just a bit on the ends.
Estimate that way, AND ensure that this piece fits where it is intended to hang.

George

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
On that picture, the cross boards are about 6 times their width, so I would say your 32" guess is pretty close assuming those are "1 x 6"s

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS