New Site Up

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Looks much better on mobile, thank you.

Ditto for your observation, Rick. However, the Add Tapatalk - Install pop-up keeps appearing. I've "Xed" it and cancelled it and it keeps coming back. Does anyone know how to banish this unwanted aggravation on an Android phone?

Rick M

New User
Rick
Ditto for your observation, Rick. However, the Add Tapatalk - Install pop-up keeps appearing. I've "Xed" it and cancelled it and it keeps coming back. Does anyone know how to banish this unwanted aggravation on an Android phone?
I'm not going getting that using Edge browser which I believe blocks stuff like that. Chrome mobile is the worst for pop ups and malicious ads if that's what you're using.

FlyingRon

Ron
I've tried my iPhone and an Android tablet so I could see where it is coming from, but I've not tripped over it. Does it come up every time you bring up the browser on the phone?
I'm charging up my android phone now to test.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm not getting the floating links at the bottom which includes the link to chat on Chrome - it works on Edge in Win10, so it must be a setting that I'm not allowing - something like pop-ups or such. I can get there via edge, but I usually use Chrome to access the site. Minor issue.

One way or the other, I will be on chat next Sunday Morning - although joining late as I have a breakfast to attend.

FlyingRon

Ron
I get the chat on my chrome.

I tried my android and iphone both and I can't see the tapatalk nag (I know there is one somewhere) so I can see how to suppress it.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Really like the new site! Thanks to all who had a hand in making it happen!

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
If you're reading this, you've made it to the new site. There's still a lot of work to do here, but it is functional for most purposes.

The old site is still around if there is some content that the import procedure missed that's must have.

The "Articles" section will be moved over shortly.

We don't yet have a solution for the classified section. I'd recommend just placing regular posts in the for sale section until we do.

The new site looks great. I had to do a search for it as the old address wasn't coming up for me.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've noticed the new site takes a bit longer to display a new post than the old. Is this an inherent trait of the software?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've noticed the new site takes a bit longer to display a new post than the old. Is this an inherent trait of the software?
I have not experienced that. It seems to load much faster in my opinion.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
On the old site I could post this and it would be there when I got back to the main screen. Now it takes 5-10 minutes to show up.......

badger fan

Bruce
User
Thank you so much. I had a little trouble finding the new site and I was a little panicked that I was not going to find it.
Your d dedication is so appreciated.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I get the chat on my chrome.

I tried my android and iphone both and I can't see the tapatalk nag (I know there is one somewhere) so I can see how to suppress it.

Chat is here on Chrome this morning - wasn't seeing it prior to today. Go figure?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
There is a little gap of background down there. And today it's gone again. Not sure what I did right the other day to make it appear. Ghost in the machine.

Hah, maybe I've figured it out. I hit the Home menu option and it reloaded the page with the floating bar there this time. That's at the very least a work around.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Are we expecting all links to threads on the old site to be non-functional? Sorry if this has already been covered. I know some saved shortcuts had to be changed, so that may be a hint to the answer....

FlyingRon

Ron
Links to threads should be OK. Links to gallery images, unfortunately, while it was supposed to be maintained, did not. Links to some external files (like the old newsletters) I'm trying to restore. Articles definitely will not show up in the same place.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS