New member from Stoneville NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePenKing

New User
Tony
Hi folks. While I have been building wood projects for myself since I was a kid, I started my own business about 4 years ago. Then I picked up a lathe, started turning, and it has taken over! While I specialize in pens, I do turn other items as well. I also cast pen blanks. I am constantly looking for new ideas, and willing to help others learn.
DSC_6294.JPG

Last edited:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Tony. you are off to a good start, we all love to see pictures of work, whether completed or in progress. Feel free to jump in and share your casting knowledge. There are a few pen turners here, so welcome aboard!

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome Tony, beautiful pen. Many of us have been hypnotized by the spinny thing!

KevinO

New User
KO
Welcome, I just joined yesterday. Nice pen, something I am looking at starting after the New Year. Just a hobby for me, any pointers for getting started?

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Tony, welcome to the best sawdust pile on the web! You certainly have a talent for nice penmanship, so to speak. I'm only a short way up Hwy. 770 from Stoneville, we should get together.

-Barry

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome Tony! I am another pen turner, which is just one type of woodworking I enjoy. My favorite thing is doing scroll saw work. The great thing about turning pens that I can complete a pen the same day I start to make it, not so with many of the scroll saw projects I tackle. We love pictures, and your pen is spectacular. Show us more.

ThePenKing

New User
Tony
Tony, welcome to the best sawdust pile on the web! You certainly have a talent for nice penmanship, so to speak. I'm only a short way up Hwy. 770 from Stoneville, we should get together.

-Barry

That can happen! I am swamped for the next few weeks at least. I help a friend in his cabinet shop too. We are way behind there. Do you turn, or mostly flat work?

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
That can happen! I am swamped for the next few weeks at least. I help a friend in his cabinet shop too. We are way behind there. Do you turn, or mostly flat work?

Mostly flat work at this time . . . am recovering from some health issues and restarting woodworking. I have a lathe, Rikon Midi, but have not used it for quite some time.

ThePenKing

New User
Tony
Mostly flat work at this time . . . am recovering from some health issues and restarting woodworking. I have a lathe, Rikon Midi, but have not used it for quite some time.

I have a Rikon Midi VS lathe. Love it! I have a full shop too. I started out doing furniture, and small stuff. Then I got the lathe!! haha. I can understand how the heath issues can get you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS