Gallery page down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Haven't been able to get the gallery page to open at all so that I can upload some pics to post. Get "This page isn't working" and "HTTP error 500" messages.

Windows 10 home, Chrome browser

Last edited:

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Been down for a while with no date of fix posted. In the mean time you can just post jpg photos directly from your computer by selecting the "insert image" tab above.

From my old albums that have photos already. I too have not uploaded my current work in a while. The patchbox is from the Gallery.

rifle_mar_2018_13_.JPG

The pitsaw photo is uploaded directly from pictures on my computer
pitsaw_214608-1_sm.jpg

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Tried that and get "upload of file failed" error message. Any suggestions? Attempting to upload from Dropbox, but that shouldn't matter, should it?

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Tried that and get "upload of file failed" error message.
Tried what? Load to Gallery ? Upload directly from your computer photos?

Any suggestions?
Maybe when you post the path you are working

Attempting to upload from Dropbox, but that shouldn't matter, should it?
Not familiar with Dropbox

The Gallery upload method is not working. You can not upload new photos to the Gallery. You can insert photos from your Gallery photos that were stored BEFORE the site troubles.

tools_and_brass_0021.JPG

tools_and_brass_0081.JPG

curly_box_dye_028.JPG

jerrye

New User
Jerry
In the mean time you can just post jpg photos directly from your computer by selecting the "insert image" tab above.

Not familiar with Dropbox

The Gallery upload method is not working. You can not upload new photos to the Gallery. You can insert photos from your Gallery photos that were stored BEFORE the site troubles.

Tried to insert image from Dropbox and my computer using "insert image" button, and get the same message as stated above. The image is a .jpg, an allowed file type. I guess I'm not posting any pics anymore...

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
P1010006.jpg

You can not upload to your gallery or do a copy and paste or insert image directly from your computer. If you want to post a photo from your computer harddrive you must "attach" the photo- Start a post- go to "Advanced" -scroll down to "Additional Options"- select "Manage Attachments"- browse the directory on your computer where your photo is filed - select the photo - select "Post Inline" to give you the image link above.

You can also do a standard "insert image" with photos already in your gallery, but it may be difficult to find them. You can also copy the URL of an image elsewhere on the web, including using the URL from the photo link in a post and do a normal "insert image" that is what I did to post the NCWW logo banner and the photo of my table below (I use the URL above). Make sure you uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally."

IMG_01064.JPG

Logo.NCWW.420x80_optimized.gif

attachment.php

Last edited:

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Figured it out...sometimes it takes things a while to penetrate the density of my mind. I have my phone camera set at max resolution by default, so the image was way too big. Resized it and voila! it uploaded.

Thanks all for the help!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I've been struggling with this for awhile too. I tried the method suggested by Alan. Please let me know if you can see this as a picture, not a bunch of blue numbers (hyperlinks).

Thanks.

P1010010.png

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
It shows as a link to me but I was able to copy the URL of the JD photo from your post, and used it to do a standard "insert image." I got the second photo of my A&C table from my computer by the attachment method, however I just got a URL box (see below) like you did. So I copied the URL and edited the post and did a standard "insert image" to get the photo to appear. To make sure it showed as a photo, not a link, I unchecked "Retrieve remote file and reference locally." I updated my previous post. As I said originally, there are a number of workarounds but none are simple.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Table3_Drawer_BBG.JPG
    Table3_Drawer_BBG.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS