Northfield Bandsaw/Sanity Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Still in the process of repairing my shop after the Florence fiasco. Saw this Oliver HD bandsaw destined for scrap and rescued it. I think I've lost my mind!!!:eek: From blade to frame is 31", not sure what size it" officially designated as. Anyway, I've got it and hopefully will restore it after I get the shop restoration completed.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Oliver Bandsaw (2).jpg
    Oliver Bandsaw (2).jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 457
  • Oliver Bandsaw (4).jpg
    Oliver Bandsaw (4).jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 470
  • Oliver Bandsaw (5).jpg
    Oliver Bandsaw (5).jpg
    514 KB · Views: 461
  • Oliver Bandsaw (6).jpg
    Oliver Bandsaw (6).jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 458
  • Oliver Bandsaw (7).jpg
    Oliver Bandsaw (7).jpg
    345 KB · Views: 462

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Animal rescue move over, machine rescue is coming through! Nice machine to rescue for sure Steve!

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Steve I don't know how you moved that to your place but you did. You must be resourceful with large heavy objects. I just finished a repair on an old Delta saw that is small compared to the one you show in the photos.

Don't know if his expertise crosses over to Oliver saws but Bob Vaughan was fantastic to work with on my headache/project.

Don't be afraid to get some help. That is a BIG project to complete on your own.

Post photos when you get to working on it.

later

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve I don't know how you moved that to your place but you did. You must be resourceful with large heavy objects. I just finished a repair on an old Delta saw that is small compared to the one you show in the photos.
Very carefully. My small tractor would not lift it so I used a chain-hoist to get it off the trailer and a pallet jack to get it to the shops rear wall. Fortunately I used screws in the wall panels when I brought in the centauro a while back. I plan to remove the same wall section and bring Mr. oliver in.

Don't know if his expertise crosses over to Oliver saws but Bob Vaughan was fantastic to work with on my headache/project.
Bob Vaughn is like E. F. Hutton... when he speaks, wise people listen and for good reason!

Don't be afraid to get some help. That is a BIG project to complete on your own.
I won't... not afraid to get help or give it when needed.

Post photos when you get to working on it.

later

Will do

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member

Very similar but it's not rounded wheel cover shape. It's made with square shaped doors/wheel covers. I'm trying to ignore it until I get my shop back up and running. Might have to go take another peek and see if I can locate a serial number ;-) Wish mine looked like that one!!!

awldune

Sam
User
Very similar but it's not rounded wheel cover shape. It's made with square shaped doors/wheel covers. I'm trying to ignore it until I get my shop back up and running. Might have to go take another peek and see if I can locate a serial number ;-) Wish mine looked like that one!!!

It looks like there is a lot of variation over the years, but I think yours is probably nominally the 32'' model.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Man Oh Man! You've got yourself one heck of a saw. Reminds me of this one I found on the floor of a local dealer.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

It's Hitachi CB75F resaw $2500

Pop

Attachments

• CB75F - 1.jpg
    CB75F - 1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 357
  • band_saw_pictures_hitach1.jpg
    band_saw_pictures_hitach1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 363
  • CB75F - 5.jpg
    CB75F - 5.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 354

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Northfield is still in business. You could look them up to see if you could get some info or a manual. Good machines.

Roy G

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Northfield is still in business. You could look them up to see if you could get some info or a manual. Good machines.

Roy G

I am trying to register it with them but I can't find the SER# anywhere. Tag may be missing. Any idea where the # may be located on the machine?

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Pop,

Nice saw! I also have a Centauro CL700 I purchased awhile back from a community college in Wilmington. Nothing wrong with it, I guess some rocket surgeon decided it needed to be replaced with a lesser quality saw. It has a beefy fence but I need to make a wooden piece for resawing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS