Bessey Revo Jr Parallel Clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
Bought 4 of the Bessey 18" Jr clamps. I am thoroughly disappointed in them. I have a small fortune invested in the 'standard' Bessey parallel clamps. The Jr's are not up to those standards.

They are lacking the rubber pads and will twist upon tightening. I tried using them on the raised panel doors for a wall cabinet and had to remove them and go with some standard 24".

They are about the same price as the standard ones and saving a couple dollars isn't worth the investment. Thank goodness HD has a 90 day return policy. They will be going back tomorrow.

Usually, I'd just suck it up to a bad decision and keep them but they are that bad.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Jeff, it’s been a few years since I chose the K-body design over the Jr, but it was more overall functionality and utility versus the Jr being a lemon. The price points are close, so for me, it just seemed to be a “no brainer” to go for the K-body line.

I’ve had no issues with the K-body clamps.

On another tack, a couple years ago I bought (at my local HD) two dozen of the Bessey “F” clamps and treated them horrendous. I expected them to fail, break or at least end up permanently maimed! Didn’t happen. Even the plastic pads are still in good shape.

HD had a four pack of those F-clamps on sale the other day. It was a really good price. Close to Harbor Freight level prices.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I have quite a few of the Bessey K-body Revo clamps and I've had no issues with them either.

The OP said this...

Bought 4 of the Bessey 18" Jr clamps. I am thoroughly disappointed in them. I have a small fortune invested in the 'standard' Bessey parallel clamps. The Jr's are not up to those standards.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Jeff,

I’m probably a bad person to ask. I’m from the “you can never have too many clamps“ school!:eusa_danc

...and yes, I actually did (and still do) things like this. Quality clamps sure make things go smoother and easier.

attachment.php

Attachments

• D1054699-8873-4DF6-BC36-63FC3CFB2EF3.jpeg
    D1054699-8873-4DF6-BC36-63FC3CFB2EF3.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 307

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Me thinks there is some possible confusion here. I visited HD today and the $14 deal for 4 Bessey clamps are Not the Revo clamps.
They are cheap can't say (knockoffs) as they do have a Bessey name on them .
Actually very surprised to see the Bessey name on the BESSEY Clutch Clamp Set (4-Piece. No I didn't purchase them as per the original comments.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
Me thinks there is some possible confusion here. I visited HD today and the $14 deal for 4 Bessey clamps are Not the Revo clamps.
They are cheap can't say (knockoffs) as they do have a Bessey name on them .
Actually very surprised to see the Bessey name on the BESSEY Clutch Clamp Set (4-Piece. No I didn't purchase them as per the original comments.

No, those are not the K-Body parallel clamps. Good clamps, have 8 of those.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
Is this the Bessey K Body Revo Jr clamp you bought at HD?

https://www.besseytools.com/pdfs/sales_sheets/en/BESSEY_ParallelClamp_KBodyREVOJR_Eng.pdf

It doesn't look much different than the standard K Body Revo clamps.

https://www.besseytools.com/pdfs/sales_sheets/en/BESSEY_ParallelClamp_KBodyREVO_Eng.pdf

Curious. I wonder why your clamps are such lemons in your hands. :icon_scra

The jaws on the Jr are slick plastic and I have forearms like Popeye when he eats a can of spinach. :wink_smil

Jeff

New User
Jeff
The jaws on the Jr are slick plastic and I have forearms like Popeye when he eats a can of spinach. :wink_smil

The jaws on my standard K-body Revos are also plastic but I wouldn't call them "slick" to the touch. They look like those in the pictures that I posted above. Maybe you're over clamping the living heck out of them with your adrenaline surge?

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
On another tack, a couple years ago I bought (at my local HD) two dozen of the Bessey “F” clamps and treated them horrendous. I expected them to fail, break or at least end up permanently maimed! Didn’t happen. Even the plastic pads are still in good shape.

HD had a four pack of those F-clamps on sale the other day. It was a really good price. Close to Harbor Freight level prices.

Agreed - I picked up that 4 pack at HD either in the Black Friday or Christmas time 2015 or 16 I think- have appreciated those. Saw that same deal this week at HD and wondered - do I have enough clamps? Of course I don't but the ones I need more are the 30-50" versions that don't get bundled in great deals like this one.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
The jaws on my standard K-body Revos are also plastic but I wouldn't call them "slick" to the touch. They look like those in the pictures that I posted above. Maybe you're over clamping the living heck out of them with your adrenaline surge?

The plastic jaws on the Jr's seem to be similar to the plastic protectors on the Bessey F-Style clamps. The pads on the K-Body seem to be somewhat softer. Only tightened them up enough to bring the joints flush and some glue squeeze out. I sanded the tongues and grooves lightly before glue up. Shouldn't need clamps with 1700 pounds clamping pressure to glue up raised panel doors. The regular K-Body clamps pulled them together without teeth-gritting force, maybe a quarter turn or so.

I tried them, didn't like them. Your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS