Status
Not open for further replies.

enkle

New User
enkle
Hello, my name is Matt. I have a small furniture business called Enkle Designs but my father and I (both experienced woodworkers) have recently opened a shared woodworking shop/woodworking co-op. :eusa_danc

We are offering membership and residency at The Maker's Space for woodworkers, metal workers, upholsterers and other types of Makers. 3000 sqft shared woodworking shop that is fully equipped with new woodworking machinery. Access to all common areas including conference room, kitchenette, restrooms as well as wifi and a printer.

[FONT=&amp]Shop tools: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Sawstop Table Saw[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Grizzly Table Saw[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Grizzly resaw-bandsaw[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Powermatic bandsaw[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Jet Jointer[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Grizzly 8" Jointer - spiral cutter head[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Grizzly 15" and 20" planer - both have spiral cutter head[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Grizzly 36" dual drum sander[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Bosch compound sliding miter saw[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Hitachi miter saw[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Grizzly drill press[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Rikon and Jet belt, disk, and spindle sanders[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Triton router and Kreg router table[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Large panel saw[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]x-carve CNC machine[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Routers[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Circular saws[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Orbital sanders[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Belt Sanders[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Clamps[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dust collection + compressed air throughout the shop
[/FONT]Lots of other tools to finish the job!

[FONT=&amp]Membership - A user purchases a set number of hours to use the space during open hours per month. The hours expire at the end of the month.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Membership options:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]5hrs/month - $75[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]10hrs/month - $125[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]20hrs/month - $200
[/FONT]
Use by the hour runs $18/hour

[FONT=&amp]Residency - rent a resident studio with unlimited access to the shop, all of its tools and included amenities.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Residency options ranging between $275/month and $700/month depending on size of space needed.

We are located near the intersection of New hope church rd. and Atlantic Ave.
Please message us to set up a tour.
[/FONT]
The photos that are attached are from a few months ago, we have changed the layout slightly and have more tools than are pictured.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Let me know what you as a community think and if anyone would like to stop by for a tour we would be happy to show you around.

hello.themakersspace@gmail.com
themakersspaceraleigh.com
(919)5931294

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 508

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Looks real nice. Location would be good to post.

Also, you might want to think about an 'hourly' option. Most of the people on this board likely already have a decent setup at home, but you may well have a machine or two that anyone of us might like to rent for an hour to help finish a project.

enkle

New User
enkle
Thanks David! we have added a cross street nearby because no matter how many times we ask people to schedule a tour they still show up unannounced when they have the address. Hourly rate was added to the post as well. In order to use the space you have to go through a two hour safety orientation and after that you can use the space hourly at $18/hr (this rate will probably increase if we get too busy).

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Looks great! Good business idea, I need to come by for a tour. Do you do reservations on the equipment? that would be beneficial for the users if not.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Matt,
There's a traditional event here at NCWW called a "Shop Crawl", basically it's an open house for woodshops. Maybe if you hold one, others will open some of theirs and make it a fun day for all. Good luck with your venture.

enkle

New User
enkle
Looks great! Good business idea, I need to come by for a tour. Do you do reservations on the equipment? that would be beneficial for the users if not.

Hi Steve, thanks for the recommendation. We'd love to give you a tour! just shoot us an email to set up a time. As to your question, we plan on limiting our membership before congestion becomes an issue. So far we have not had any issues as we have two of all of the machines that have high usage.

enkle

New User
enkle
Matt,
There's a traditional event here at NCWW called a "Shop Crawl", basically it's an open house for woodshops. Maybe if you hold one, others will open some of theirs and make it a fun day for all. Good luck with your venture.

Great idea Jim, thanks for sharing!

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
You just made me a happy man and may have saved me from having to buy a new piece of equipment. I live in Holly Springs so not too far of a trek for me. I may have missed it but what are the operating hours or is open 24/7 and I could come in when I have the time?

enkle

New User
enkle
You just made me a happy man and may have saved me from having to buy a new piece of equipment. I live in Holly Springs so not too far of a trek for me. I may have missed it but what are the operating hours or is open 24/7 and I could come in when I have the time?

Hi Kevin, we live in Holly Springs as well so I can tell you its not tooooo far of a trek! If you were to sign up as a resident you get unlimited use at almost any time of the day (we restrict use between 12am and 5am). If you are a member our operating hours right now are 9-6 M-F, 10-5 Sat, and 1-5 Sun. We have a small membership so members just let the managers know when they would like to stop by and we try to accommodate them.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
On the shop hours, staying late one day would be beneficial for folks like me that work week days. Might poll your members and get their feedback.

enkle

New User
enkle
On the shop hours, staying late one day would be beneficial for folks like me that work week days. Might poll your members and get their feedback.

Hi Steve, thanks again for the feedback. The way the hours actually work for members is by appointment because we have a low number of members. The hours I stated are just the hours that we are usually there and a member could stop in on a whim. We are happy to have the space open to members past those hours but the member would need to schedule that time in advance. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS